Thursday, March 31, 2011

Review of Estee Lauder Double Wear, Mineral Rich Loose Powder Makeup SPF 12, in Intensity 5.0

Estee Lauder's Double Wear collection is by far my favorite cosmetic collection on the market. I had been a regular purchaser of their original foundation due to how flawlessly it left my skin, and how natural it felt on my face. While doing my routine stock up, the sales rep recommended I give their new Maximum Coverage a try. I ended up purchasing that, and loving it.

I also went home with their Estee Lauder Double Wear, Mineral Rich Loose Powder Makeup SPF 12, in Intensity 5.0, which is a rich deep bronze color, that actually looks deeper in color in the plastic tub, than it does when it is actually on.

It comes with 2 separate chambers, which I have never been a fan of. In the top click up chamber you will find a useless pad applicator which you ma as well just throw away. Applying the powder with a brush is actually easier, less messy, and looks better on the skin.

In the bottom chamber is where you find the powder, which gets sifted through small holes when you shake it up while the jug is closed.

The reason I picked this one up was because it is in the Double ear collection, which anyone knows means that it has staying power. I also got to test this one in the store, and loved how it left my face feeling soft and satin like without feeling heavy or making my skin look pasty or dusty like most powders do.

I also figured I could use it to cover up my more shiny areas on my face like my forehead which tends to shine up mid-day.

Application:

I decided to apply this one on top of the maximum cover concealer I purchased that day to really allow that flawless look to go an extra mile, and sure enough it did when I applied a light top coat of Estee Lauder Double Wear, Mineral Rich Loose Powder Makeup to it.

It truly gave my skin such a perfect flawless finish, and I loved the results.

Last:

The powder, unlike their foundations does not have quite as long a staying power as you would hope for. The last is decent, but by mid-afternoon I had to touch up with a little of it onto my forehead to keep shine at

bay. However this was not a big deal, but I have gotten longer last with much cheaper loose powders before, so for me, this one just turned out to be mediocre in the lasting department.

Overall:

Estee Lauder Double Wear, Mineral Rich Loose Powder Makeup in my opinion is decent, it covers up a lot more powerfully than most loose powders, but it does not last as long as your simple, cheap run of the mill powders. The cover however, is much more flawless. So truly it is a toss up on whether or not you should buy this one. All in all though, I would suppose it would depend mostly on your budget.

This loose powder will run you $34.00, it offers full and flawless coverage, but only for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment