Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Review of Paul Mitchell Extra Body Finishing Spray

I normally will not spend over $5 on hair spray, but gluttony, greed, and of course vanity all rolled into one got the best of me last week when I came across a rather large bottle of Paul Mitchell Extra Body Finishing Spray.

I figured after reading the promise of added body, shine, and hold to finish my hair style.

Then I looked at the price tag, $16.99. I knew Paul Mitchell, and for the most part I have not encountered too many products by Paul Mitchell that failed me. The price was steep, and I hoped that after dishing out that much money that this spray contained some sort of hair miracle.

I like styling my hair both curly and straight, and mostly I wanted this spray for curls to add some volume, and some shine without leaving behind flakes, or a crusty rock feeling.

The nozzle on the Paul Mitchell Extra Body Finishing Spray was a little unique, compared to what the norm is. It's a larger round, almost megaphone type nozzle. This actually was not that necessary, and it was a little annoying, because when I sprayed the spray, instead of coming out in a fine mist as most hair sprays do, this one sort of showers you. The larger nozzle giving it more room to roam, so you have to move closer to your hair while spraying it, or it ends up in your face, or ears.

The Scent:

This finishing spray has a nice fresh scent, not the typical aerosol stink you get with cheaper hair sprays. It's a clean scent, near floral, but not too flowery. The scent does not stick around though, which I liked because I do not like hair spray scents to stay with me, unless they smell like heaven, and this one was just mediocre.

The Hold:

I have thick hair, and holding my hair type in sprays usually is difficult. When it comes to Paul Mitchell Extra Body Finishing Spray, though, the hold was spectacular. It kept my style together and in place for the day, with no fly aways or frizz popping up.

The Texture:

This finishing spray does leave behind a slight texture. It's like added fibers to the hair, but it does not weigh it down or leave it ultra crunch, the fiber like texture I imagine is to give you that promised added volume.

I know you are wondering, will it add volume. The answer is yes, when I spray a bit of this onto my roots, I get an added oomph that lasts. When sprayed in curly hair you also get an added boost of volume.


For those of you wondering about added shine, this is also a yes.
Overall:

All day hold, added volume, and shine, everything that Paul Mitchell Extra Body Finishing Spray promises, it delivered. I absolutely love everything about this finishing spray, everything but the high price that is. But hey, it works, and it works well, so I have no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment