Thursday, March 31, 2011

Review of Spider Sense, Spiderman 3 in 1 Body Wash, Shampoo and Conditioner

I usually will purchase extremely girly scented body washes, shampoo's and conditioner's when my stock is running low. However a few days ago while browsing through Walmart's selection of bath and body

goodies, I came up blank. I had tried everything already, and the things I didn't try smelled awful.

Just as I was about to walk away empty handed and hit up a local Bath and Body Works instead, I did a quick scan of the shelf on the other side of the isle and saw an array of children selections in shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Normally I never even stop to smell these products as I find them to be too sweet scented, or too weak seeing that most are made with sensitive skin in mind.

That was when I spotted a SpongeBob 3 in 1. I took one sniff of that and hated it, and decided to sniff the rest of the children's products available. Dora the Explorer was too strawberry shortcake in scent and the Toy Story 3 in 1 was too bubble scented. Lastly I tried Spider Sense, Spiderman 3 in 1 Body Wash, Shampoo and Conditioner.

Incredibly, this one, designed with little boys in mind, smelled perfect, for both boys, girls, and some adults. It's labeled as Berry Blast, but mostly I smelled a mild fruit punch scent, which I really liked. Not too sweet and sugary, nor too weak. I figured it would be my new body wash, as I never like 3 in 1 products used in my hair as they tend to dry it out.

My Use:

Spider Sense, Spiderman 3 in 1 Body Wash, Shampoo and Conditioner was short lived in my home, and that was not due to it smelling so fantastic we used it up immediately, it was due to the rancid wet dog scent it gave off while using it.

That delicious mild fruity flavor that I smelled in the bottle seriously transforms into a disgusting snotty like wet dog scent when its used in the shower.

I used it as a body wash, and at first everything was going great, a nice fruity scent filling the air, and a good soapy lather worked up with ease, and then suddenly this rank stench began to permeate through the air. The fruity fragrance turned into what my dog smells like when he comes inside after going out in the rain.
I figured perhaps this one didn't work well with my body chemistry, and perhaps it would be better for someone else. I left it for my mom and asked her to use it on her next shower or bath. Her results were the

same, a smelly dog scent that is actually sickening in the shower, especially when the scent really begins to work its way around the room.

Overall:

It smelled great in the bottle, but once this one gets activated into a lather in the shower, it transforms into a disgusting fragrance that even kids would find rancid.

No comments:

Post a Comment