Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tighten The Skin, Shrink Pores... Well Will It? Review of Boots No7 Beautifully Balanced Purifying Toner

I was just about to run out of my LaMer Toner, which helped keep my normally shiny/oily skin, shine free. Seeing that the toner by LaMer is a little pricey, I decided to try a fall back toner from Boots No 7, which is

one of my favorite skin care product creators.

I usually just buy their wrinkle creams, and never before managed to spot their Boots No7 Beautifully Balanced Purifying Toner, perhaps that was because I was never looking for it.

I spotted it fast though at my local Target, and what was interesting was that this toner almost resembled LaMers, only the application was easier; a pump applicator allowing you to easily pump the toner out onto a cotton swab and apply it to your face. With LaMer, you risked spilling a lot when applying it due to their not being a pump.

At any rate, Boots No7 Beautifully Balanced Purifying Toner is designed for those with combination skin, which is my skin type, a mix of dry and oily. I mostly hate the oily areas because of the unsightly shine that it gives off.

It stated on the bottle of Boots No7 Beautifully Balanced Purifying Toner that it would keep my skin shine free, and would not dry it out, a perfect balance, thus the name, 'Beautifully Balanced'.

I just hoped it worked at keeping my skin shine free, and kept it from drying out in other areas on my face.

Before applying the toner, I first washed my face of all makeup. I then pumped some of the formula out onto a cotton ball and began to swipe it around my face. The toner picked up leftover makeup and dirt that I thought was gone, but was not. I knew if anything, this toner would keep my skin beyond clean, and breakouts would be less and less, if at all due to how clean it made my face feel.

Once the toner began to dry it did not dry out my skin, but what it did do was quite impressive. The shine I previously had going on, on my forehead was gone, a nice matte finish with no mirror effect.

This toner would become my only toner, and LaMer pushed to the curb if it managed to keep my skin shine free for the day, the way LaMer's toner does.

Move over LaMer, Boots No7 Beautifully Balanced Purifying Toner has won me over, with a price more than cut in half compared to LaMers oil absorbing tonic.


My skin remained shine free for hours, without drying out my skin. I had shine free skin, I was happy I did not have to continue to blot my skin throughout the day, and I loved how after a week of use, my skin was clearer and tighter in the pores. No breakouts!

I would recommend this toner to anyone looking to keep shine at bay, without sacrificing your skin to drying out to get the same results.

This toner can be found online or at Target for under $10.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment