Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Perfume for Women Review: Tommy Bahama Set Sail, St. Barts


-My review also on AC

I recently picked up a mini set of Tommy Bahama perfume for women. The set came with 3 mini spray bottle of perfume. In the set was Tommy Bahama, Set Sail St. Bart's.

The bottle was a little bit different compared to the others, based off of the fact that it had a much more masculine look to it. The bottle itself was a really pretty frosted glass, while the top was nothing more than a round blue ball that pops off.

Without even smelling the perfume, I had a pretty good hunch that it was going to have an ocean breeze type scent to it, similar to Nautica, or Curve for men.

My hunch was pretty dead on.

Initially Tommy Bahama Set Sail, St. Bart's had a very high note of an ocean breeze scent. It was cool, fresh, watery, and masculine. It's a nice scent, don't get me wrong, but definitely not a scent all women are going to enjoy due to the fact that it smells like something you would expect a man to smell like.

The Tommy Bahama website describes it as being a citrus floral fragrance, capturing a tequila sorbet scent. As lovely as that sounds, for me, the description is a little off. OK, way off.

I didn't smell any notes of citrus, nor florals. I did however get a very quick shot of what smelled like cedar-wood, which I really love, because it reminds me of DK Light Blue.

Tommy Bahama, Set Sail St. Bart's however does not have a lingering woodsy scent. The lingering scent is watery, cool like ice, and fresh.

As time wears on, the scent still has a very masculine finish to it, but it's much lighter. Lighter, but still masculine.

Overall:


In all honesty Tommy Bahama, Set Sail St. Bart's is a really good scent, however in my opinion it is a good scent for a young man. This fragrance is too far away from being feminine to label it perfume for women. That's just my feeling though. If you like wearing manly scented fragrances, than you will probably really like this one. If not, I can't see you enjoying this one too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment