Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Review of My Glow, Perfume for Women, Newest Addition to the Glow Collection by Jennifer Lopez


My review also on AC

You win some, and you lose some. My Glow is one of Jennifer Lopez's newest fragrance launches in the Glow collection. I can whole heartedly say that I have never come across a scent in the Glow collection that I was not impressed with.

The original JLO Glow scent dazzled with with its mouth watering angelic scent, Miami Glow won me over with its sweet, sweet summery beach scent, Love at First Glow stole my heart with it's Innocent first love flavoring, and Sun Kissed Glow melted my heart with it's familiar musky fragrances. Glow After Dark is hands down the hottest unisex scent in the collection, with a sultry spice that will tickle the senses.

Then comes My Glow, which was made when JLo was pregnant with TwinLo's. The fragrance was made because most women are sensitive to high potent fragrances. My Glow mellowed it down, to match the beauty of pregnancy, and the dead low potency was perfect to keep expecting moms from gagging.

Unfortunately for me, who is not bearing a child anytime soon got jipped. My Glow is just too dang subtle; in fact when I first sampled the fragrance I was surprised at how little My Glow fit with the Glow collection. I was expecting My Glow to have that signature warm musky scent that all of the others do in the collection.

Sadly though it does not, not even in the least bit. There are no warm hugging notes, nor sweet or spicy ones. My Glow is an innocent scent, but its so weak that I had to lift my wrist up to my nose just to take in some of the notes. All of which were way too weak to justify purchasing a bottle.

The bottle itself is also un-matching to the Glow collection. The signature Glow bottles have that sexy curve that resembles a woman's body. My Glow is a short stumpy bottle, with a really tacky fogged finished angel used as the bottles topper. It reminded me a lot of an old Avon perfume bottle; cheap, tacky, and ugly.

There is absolutely no last whatsoever. After spraying the vague scent on my wrist, the scent was not even detectable. It was like spraying water on myself, and waiting for it to dry.

All in all, I'm surprised. My Glow has been the first in JLo's collection that I really did not like. A scent that was so weak that I imagine only a pregnant woman would be able to smell it, and a bottle that looked like cheap dollar store junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment