Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Perfume Review: Tommy Bahama Signature

-My review also on AC

Out of all of the different Tommy Bahama perfume's for women I have ever tried (nearly all of them), Tommy Bahama Signature, by far is my favorite scent in their entire line of fragrances.

Before getting into the scent, I have to mention the adorable bottle it comes in. The larger bottle features a very neat raindrop type shape bulb. It's got a pink pearl tone to it, with a pearl pink topper.

The smaller bottle I bought is a little less attractive, but thankfully it is filled with the same attractive scent as the big momma bottle.

Scent:

There is really no way to describe how Tommy Bahama Signature Perfume for women smells. It smells like what I would imagine heaven would smell like. It's very candied, floral, and sugary all in one, with a sweet undertone of musk that is lingering, soft and pretty.

What I really loved about Tommy Bahama Signature was the fact that once it began to dry on my skin, it let off a very sweet and warm high note of honeysuckle. Now I have used plenty of perfumes with a honeysuckle scent to them, but hands down Tommy Bahama Signature captures the true essence of a honeysuckle unlike any other fragrance.

Lasting Power:

As time goes on the honeysuckle scent remains in a much lighter and softer note. Unfortunately the scent is not very long lived. I put some on this evening, and it's not even 4 hours later and already the scent is barely even recognizable. I found this to be a major flaw in close to all of Tommy Bahama fragrances for women. Most smell lovely, but most don't last very long at all.

It is really such a shame, because this one is close to flawless, all except for the fact that the flawless scent does not last long enough to justify the purchase price of a 1.7 ounce bottle, which is normally priced at around $55.00.

Overall:

I picked up Tommy Bahama Signature in a set for only $16.00. The price was well worth it, but if you don't get the same set for the same price, I can't recommend buying it at a price any higher.


No comments:

Post a Comment