Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Review: Tommy Bahama, Set Sail South Seas, Perfume for Women


This morning while doing some last minute holiday shopping, I sadly have to report hat I ended up purchasing more things for myself than I initially intended. I couldn't help myself. Initially the set of Tommy Bahama, perfumes for women were meant as a gift for someone else. I however took one sniff, and the set instantly became mine.

So shoot me, what can I say? I'm selfish.

One particular perfume in the set is Tommy Bahama, Set Sail, South Seas.

The bottle itself was a mini spray bottle, but resembled the larger bottle that the perfume is normally sold in. It had a cute pearly pink glimmer to it, with a pink plastic ball top.

The Scent:

The scent of Tommy Bahama, Set Sail South Seas, is initially delicious. It has a very high note of florals, and fruits, and it's stunning, tropical and feminine. It's a scent that makes you feel happy, uplifted, and warm.

As the scent begins to fade is has a more powdery floral tone to it, which is very nice.

Right before the scent completely expires from detection, it becomes a low, low note of what smells like rose to me. Although there is no rose in it, I cannot help but call it anything else but rose.

Lasting Power:

Now sadly I have to report that even though the initial scent, and scents to follow over passing time are all very nice, the staying power is really, really weak. It's been just 3 hours since I sprayed it onto my wrist and I can barely detect the fragrance.

The plus side however is that when sprayed on clothing the scent will stick around for much longer. Although it's a weakened scent, its recognizable.

Overall:

Tommy Bahama, Set Sail South Seas perfume for women is a really lovely fragrance, but it definitely does not stick around long enough on he skin for it to be worth nearly $60 for a 3.4 ounce bottle. Had the scent more staying power I'd of whole heartedly recommended it.

Seeing that I got it in a set for only $16.99 it was not as tragic. I'll continue to use up the little bottle, but likely wouldn't purchase it again unless it was available on major, major sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment