Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Review of Jennifer Lopez Deseo, Perfume for Women




-Review also on AC, I own all rights
I really did not like My Glow by Jennifer Lopez. It was one of the first fragrances in her collection that I actually did not really care to purchase. After that disappointment, when I heard about another one of her new fragrances called Deseo, I was hesitant to even give it a try. I figured it would be weak like My Glow.

Deseo is not part of the Glow collection, so I figured it would have a scent that would be a million miles away from Glow (which usually features a lovely warm musk scent).

I first got a look at the bottle online, which looked like a beautiful gemstone. It was attractive, and definitely worthy of saving after the perfume ran empty.

In person though the bottle is not as glamorous looking. In person it does not shine like a true gem, it looked rather dull, deformed, and ugly. The blue color of the bottom of the bottle was slightly darker and tacky looking, while the yellow colored bottle topper featured a more piss yellow golden glow. The two colors clash and make the bottle look like some sort of cheap generic brand.

When I first spotted the bottle in person, I had a horrible feeling that the scent would be as ugly as the bottle was.
Luckily my initial impressions were dead off. Deseo at first is strong, potent, and for a brief moment smells like something an old woman would wear. It has a powerful woodsy note that hit me first. Quickly though the strong woodsy scent faded into a warmer watery note.

All in all, once the perfume dried on my skin for a bit it smelled like warm fresh pond fl orals. The woodsy scent became the undertone fragrance which gives it a warm cover.

As time wore off the scent transformed into a darker more sultry scent that was a little too powdery but at the same time nice. The fragrance itself transforms over time, but it is long lasting, which is what most women look for when it comes to perfume.

I believe it's best to call this scent a winter scent due to it's warming powdery floral notes.

Overall:

Deseo is nice, but definitely nowhere near as nice as the first few fragrances in the Glow collection. In my opinion it would have been suiting to stick this one in with the Live collection, as it has familiar remnants of the original JLo Live fragrance. Deseo however is a fragrance all its own belonging to no collection. Perhaps it will be the start of a new collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment