Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Review: Fragrance for Men, Deseo by Jennifer Lopez


-My review also on AC

If you are a fan of Jennifer Lopez fragrances, than I am sure you all remember her unisex scent After Dark. This spicy, sultry fragrance won the hearts of both men and women alike.

More recently though JLO released a gem of fragrance called Deseo. This fragrance was released in a female fragrance, as well as a mans fragrance.

A few days before Christmas while waiting to check out at my local Marshall's, they had a nice gift set of Deseo for men sitting on a shelf. The bottle I actually liked more than the woman's version. It had the same awesome gemstone shape, only instead of being clear in color, it was black; black yet transparent enough to see inside of the bottle at how much fragrance was left.

Seeing that the line was not moving, I decided to test out the fragrance. I sprayed a small amount of it onto my wrist, and was shocked at how much I loved the fragrance. I don't know why this one is for men, because in my opinion is unisex. A scent that both men and women will love.

The initial scent I got was evergreen, and it put me in such a festive mood. The evergreen then fades into a spicy woodsy scent, with a very, very low key note of cedar. It reminded me to the tee of this body balm I had been given a year ago called Space .NK. Body Balm, Laughter. It's got a weird tone of what smells like pencil shavings once it begins to dry a little bit. The woodsy scent is odd, but so addicting.

I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but I actually removed a gift set of womens perfume from my cart, and added Deseo for men instead. Yeah, so what, I like it, I wear it, and I will continue to buy it.

Last

This is what I love about Jennifer Lopez fragrances; nearly all of them have long lasting scent. Deseo for men is no exception, it sticks on long and hard. I am able to smell the fragrance throughout the day, and even after I think the scent fades I have people complimenting how good I smell.

When sprayed on clothing, or a jacket, the scent will last for about 2 days before it completely fades.

Deseo for men is a pure winner in my book. A scent that even women would enjoy wearing.

I got Deseo for men in a gift set of 3 for only $29.99 that included a 3.4 ounce bottle of Deseo fragrance, a Deseo scented deodorant stick and Deseo scented shave balm. I gave the shave balm to my fella, and am awaiting feedback (I kept the deodorant for myself!).

No comments:

Post a Comment