Monday, April 20, 2009

CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye Brightening Mascara in Black Gold

I was so excited when I came across CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye Brightening Mascara in Black Gold.

It's a new mascara made by CoverGirl that supposedly will bring out your particular eyecolor, and brighten the look of eyes as well.

There are numerous colors, and you can choose one based on your eye color. It states directly on the package which eye color the mascara was made for. Seeing that my eyes consistently change from green, hazel, and blue, I went with Black Gold because it was meant for hazel eyes, and it also seemed like the coolest color in the bunch.

I imagined Black Gold would feature a base color of black, with small subtle hints of micro flecked gold.

I don't normally wear mascara, but the whole thing just sounded so appealing, and fun!

At home though it was a whole other story. The color of the mascara was simply black! There was no hint of gold whatsoever. I felt really stupid for falling for such a package, and I had high hopes for it.

The mascara though clumped, was runny, did not thicken lashes, did not lengthen them, nor did it brighten my eye color. At all.

I was pretty disappointed in the product, and I recommend those of you looking to pick it up, skip out on it. But something from L'Oreal. Their mascaras are always rather flattering.

Too bad for this one though, it sounded, and looked so cool....that was....until I actually went to use it.

Skip This:

Try These Instead:

No comments:

Post a Comment