Friday, April 17, 2009

Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue Deodorant For Women

I should have known that after the bad experience I had with Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Deodorant Spray, that the Deodorant Stick would likely be just as bad. Seeing how it only came to around $18.00 for a 1.7 ounce stick though, I went ahead and ordered it on Amazon.

I won a e-certificate to the site, so I figured even if the deodorant sucked, it was free either way.

I didn't realize how small the deodorant would be when it got to my house. On the site it looked like a standard bar of deodorant...but in my hands it looked like one of those trial sized sticks. I was a bit disappointed. I mean come on, $18.00, and this is it!?

I popped off the lid, and raised the deodorant up using the dial located at the bottom. The deodorant was a clear gel solid. I hate gel deodorants, and seeing how it was so tiny, I was feeling less and less confident in my purchase.

The scent though was 100% true to the Light Blue scent. It had that same cedar wood fragrance that I LOVE about Light Blue. A tint of citrus, you can't go wrong!

I applied some of the deodorant under my arms, and let my day begin.

As the day wore on, I was able to smell my own body odor mixing with the Light Blue scent under my arms. Combined it created a scent all its own. It was not a bad scent, but it also was not Light Blue any more.

So far, the deodorant was too small, too expensive, and did squat for odor protection. But then it gets worse, my pits eventually began to sweat. Not just small drops of sweat, but enough sweat to make me hate the deodorant more and more. It was pretty dang gross!

Overall:

It's just a shame, because the deodorant initially makes you smell really nice. Too bad though that it does not last.

I still use it, however, I first put on my regular deodorant, and then add the Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Deodorant on top of that for the scent.

It works this way quite well. Unfortunately it does not work well at all on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment