Friday, April 17, 2009

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Fortifying Creme Conditioner

I'm always looking for new ways to get my hair as shiny, sleek, and frizz free as possible. You would not believe how much money I have invested throughout my life...on hair care. God, I'm sure the dollar price is enough to make even me puke.

Anyhow, I suffer from what I like to call Macy Gray hair!Mmhmm, frizzy, out of control, knotty, dry, split, parched, funk!!!

There are so many things available on the market that promise relief for those with unruly hair...yet in my time, I have learned that only about half of what is available actually will help. I have yet to find the 'IT' product.

Last week while browsing through my local Walmart hair care section, I came across Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner Sleek & Shine.

I was going to skip purchasing it, but it came with not one, but two free samples of other Garnier products. For $3.13 I couldn't pass it up. Plus hey...maybe it would work?

The Promise:

According to the packages Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner Sleek & Shine would nourish my hair from roots to tips, strengthen my hair, and smooth it out.

The promise was not very bold (in fact it was quite subtle), but seeing how I liked Garnier in general, I went ahead and bought it anyway.

Texture:

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner Sleek & Shine had a somewhat nice texture, and felt nice in my hair. The texture though was not as thick as I would have liked. In fact it was a bit runny, which was sort of disappointing and messy.

Scent:

The scent was extremely likable. To me it has a very tropical smell, which actually smelled similar to banana, honey, and a tinge of coconut all mixed in one. This was the first Garnier prodcut that actually did not come packed with that official Garnier citrus scent that most of their products have.

My Use:

I kept the conditioner in my hair for the standard three minutes as directed, and rinsed.

I could feel the difference as I rinsed. Smooth, soft, and knot free.

However, I hoped that when my hair dried it would remain smooth, soft, and knot free. Usually when my hair type (frizzy, thick and unruly) begins to dry, the frizz begins to spring into action, as well as the puff, and the knots.

Dry Time:

Sadly I am reporting that Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner Sleek & Shine did not keep frizz at bay. I sort of figured it wouldn't. It's hard to keep frizzy hair tame, and with conditioner this runny, it was no wonder.

My hair did however, dry a wee bit smoother than usual, but the difference was noting remarkable. The nice tropical scent though stuck around, which was nice.

Overall:

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner Sleek & Shine only slightly worked, but the subtle difference was not as glorious as I have gotten from other Garnier products in the past.

Recommended?

I imagine that Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner Sleek & Shine would work wonders for those with thinner hair types.

However for those with thick hair, prone to frizz, it won't work any hair care miracles. It will only slightly improve how your hair feels, but as we all now, slightly just does not cut it.

I don't recommend it to those with thick frizzy or curly hair. It does not do much, and is not worth the money. I personally can't see myself buying this again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment