Friday, April 17, 2009

Lush Karma Soap

Lush has been one of my many addictions when it comes to bath and beauty products.

I mostly hit the site up once every two months and fill my online shopping cart with hundreds of dollars worth of bathing goodies.

One of my first orders I was sure to include Karma Soap. I had heard from many people that this was the most overpowering and potent scented bar of soap they had ever used.

Many compared it to incense; Patchouli to be precise. A scent I myself have always loved.

What I Got:

Karma is a solid glycerin bar of soap. The soap itself is a bright happy colored orange.

The Scent:

I was smelling my Karma bar before I even opened my box. I knew what they meant when they said overpowering.

The moment I opened my box, the scent I had slightly detected coming off of the box was now in full bloom.

A huge blast of hippies came flying from the box. I wanted to pop in Grateful Dead and start jamming. Karma smells like incense indeed. Incense so powerful though, that just being exposed to air for a few seconds, and the entire room smelled like a hippie's pot smoking lair.

I could not wait to get into the shower with Karma. I couldn't wait to see what this powerful soap had to offer.

My Use:

Karma is strong. The moment hot water hit the soap, the scent went into overtime. It actually got so powerful that I was barely able to tolerate it. The room filled with the scent of patchouli, and the scent was sticking my skin like leeches.

Suds were bare minimal, but it didn't matter, because the soap did in fact leave my skin feeling clean.

After getting out of the shower, I had this hunch that Karma was with me to stay. God was I right... the patchouli scent stood with me all day, into the night, and into the next day. By the time I woke up the next morning, I was actually sick of smelling it.

Overall:

Karma is NOT for everyone. This 3.5 ounce bar of soap packs a powerful punch. If you cannot stomach the smell of patchouli, then avoid it. However if it is a scent you love, then Karma is a sure pleaser.

Recommendation:

Cut the 3.5 ounce bar into sample sized pieces, and store in a cool place. I put mine in the fridge.

Try Tese From Lush as Well:

No comments:

Post a Comment