Friday, April 17, 2009

Revlon Limited Edition Collection Bedroom Eyes Powder Liner

I bought Revlon Bedroom Eyes, in Fishnet Jet not because it looked cool, or because it was by Revlon; but because I simply sweat whenever I see the word NEW, or LIMITED EDITION. With the new collection of powdered liners stating both, I of course had to try it.

I assumed at $9.95 for such a small tube of it, that it would work wonders. I usually spend no more than $6.00 on liners for my eyes!

When I got home I had no idea that the powdered liner would contain micro-fine flecks of purple glitter within the jet black liner. On the in store display advertising in no way shape or form did it appear that any of these liners had glitter in them. For me, being a lover of glitter, and things that bling, it was an added bonus. For those who like more subtle liners though, I'd skip this all together. In fact I would skip it all together either way. Read on...

The Wand:

Revlon Limited Edition Collection Bedroom Eyes Powder Liner comes with a screw of lid, with an application sponge wand attached to it. I assumed that seeing how the container the liner came in was so small, the wand would also be thin, giving me precise and easy application.

When I unscrewed it though, I was pretty shocked to see that the sponge head was a hell of a lot thicker than what I am used to. The sponge was so thick that I knew I would not be able to apply the liner to the small bottom lids. I'd have to use a thin brush liner for that. Ugh!

Results:

Revlon Limited Edition Collection Bedroom Eyes Powder Liner was nothing more than a $10.00 mistake. The liner goes on as if it is a cream liner, but really it's powder, with moisturizer added to allow for ease of application.

However, as I slid the wand across my eye, the powder clumped up in areas. I had to blow off the excess mess, and the results looked nice after all was said and done.

But then something bad happened. Something I was not expecting from such an expensive liner.

Just a few short moments later, and a few blinks in...and I look at myself in the mirror and noticed that the liner has smudged some, and has also colored in the small creases in my lids.

This is something I would expect from a cheap dollar store liner...not Revlon!

Overall:

Garbage. I would not even spend a dollar on it! It smudges, clumps, bleeds into the creases of your eyes, and leaves your lids looking a mess.
Skip This

Get This

No comments:

Post a Comment