Friday, April 17, 2009

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo Sleek and Shine

This past weekend I came across a deal I could not pass up. $3.13 for a new Garnier product that yours truly had yet to try.

Due to the lovely fact that this bottle came with two free trial sized samples, I could not pass it up. Plus...it was new! That word alone calls out to me. "Buy me... Melissa... buy me... me so good... buy me, buy me now".

One of the free trial sized products included was New Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Shampoo Sleek & Shine. Super sweet, seeing how it also came with a larger bottle of sister conditioner, which I will review later.

Scent:

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Shampoo Sleek & Shine had a much stronger and nicer scent then the sister conditioner does.

It still had that tropical paradise type scent that reminded me of bananas, coconut, and honey. The scent is very easy to fall in love with, seeing how it reminded me of summer time. Best of all though is that the scent will be detectable in your hair after your hair is dry and styled.

Texture:

The shampoo itself was a nice pearly off white color, and had a very thick and creamy consistency.

I knew that with texture this thick, that Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Shampoo Sleek & Shine would provide my hair with a lot of moisture. I had high hopes before even applying it to my locks.

My Use:

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Shampoo Sleek & Shine worked into a really nice thick and bubbly lather with just a small amount of shampoo needed. I was impressed. Nice texture, tons of lather, and barely needing to use a half a handful!

What I liked most of all was how the shampoo did not leave my locks feeling dry or knotty while I lathered up.

Rinsing Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Shampoo Sleek & Shine out was also equally enjoyable. Usually when I am rinsing shampoo from my hair it leaves it feeling parches, and thirsty for moisture.

Overall:

I liked Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Shampoo Sleek & Shine a lot more then I did the sister conditioner. Which is odd, because usually I never really fall in love with shampoo. It's usually the conditioner I love. However I will say that the shampoo worked better than the conditioner!

As far as shine goes though, there was truly nothing added to my hair for me to report, which was sort of disappointing. My hair had the same amount of shine it always has.

Recommended?

Although the shampoo didn't impress me with shine, I still enjoyed it nonetheless.


Thick Hair? Try This One:

No comments:

Post a Comment