Friday, April 17, 2009

MAC Blot Powder Loose, Medium

I've been in love with nearly everything I have ever purchased from MAC Cosmetics...once a blue rare moon though I will come across a product that just downright sucks...and unfortunately my latest $21.00 MAC purchase downright sucks.

The Product:

MAC Blot Powder Loose, Medium.

It is meant to allow you to do fast touch ups on your makeup. It is light, airy, and easy to wear... however I bought it in a medium shade, so while expecting this blotter powder to not only cover up shine... I also expected it to give my skin a slight tint of color. Nearly every other blotter powder I have used easily has the power to do so... so why not MAC? Besides, what would be the point in calling the shade medium, if in fact the shade is frigging translucent.

Yep, MAC Blot Powder Loose, Medium, is in fact translucent. Which sucks; however it would not of been so awful if MAC Blot Powder Loose, Medium would have at LEAST covered any shine that my face were to give off during the day.

I applied a blot here and there to my forehead, and the shine was still VERY MUCH present. MAC Blot Powder Loose, Medium, did not a damn thing.

My list of aggravation's goes on though, the above is not all.

Packaging:

The new blotting powder comes in a much smaller sifter pot that the loose powder once came in. It now comes in a small plastic pot, but attached to the pot is a screw off lid, with a sponger blotter attached to it.

I was convinced by the sales girl that buying the powder in this pot was better, because it was mess free.

Stupid me, I buy it thinking convenience.

The sifter pot where the sponge lies is too big to even allow any of the powder to really make it's way onto it. So constantly I had to dip the sponge, screw on the lid, shake like a mofo, and hope that SOME powder stuck to the sponge. Repeating this over and over again is bothersome.

Overall:

This will be the very first MAC product I have ever returned. It does nothing, the container is very annoying, and it was way too much money for what it did...which was nothing...it did however give me a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment