Friday, April 17, 2009

Review: Calvin Klein Escape, Perfume For Women

I have never been too fond of Calvin Klein fragrances. My turn off occurred back in the early 90's when nearly every Tom, Dick, Harry, Holly and Tina would walk around the school stinking up the hallways with their CK1 perfume. By the time I was scheduled to go home from school, I had what I like calling a CK headache.

It got so bad that the scent was everywhere. In hallways, classrooms, bathrooms. There was no escaping it, like a frigging plague; this scent took over the school.

I still too this day feel nauseous when I get a whiff of this scent, or an impostor scent that is similar to it. Even thinking about this perfume, I can seriously smell it, that's how much it has impacted me- In a negative way of course.

Anyhow, when I saw Calvin Klein Escape sitting on my moms dresser, I admit I wanted to try it, but at the same time wondered if it'd smell like that holy hell perfume from the past.

The Bottle:


Calvin Klein Escape comes in a bland cylinder shaped bottle, with a bland shiny silver mirror like metal lid on top. None of CK's perfume bottles have ever been attractive in my opinion. They've always been relatively blah, and most of them remind me of roll on deodorant sticks.

The perfumes color is a light burnt yellow/orange color... which immediately told me that this stuff would be strong. Most yellow/orange tinted perfumes have a very strong overbearing scent. Most...not all.

The Scent:

Calvin Klein Escape actually impressed me. It had a gorgeous honey mixed with cherry scent that was very powerful, but at the same time extremely likable. It also has a thick dewy scent that can be compared to a warm vanilla musk. Combined you get a really sultry heavy musk that smells like no other. Mommy like!

Last:


Before reviewing perfume, I always give each one a one day test. I do this by spraying some on my shirt, and some onto my skin. This way I can mention how long the scent lasts on each.

On my skin CK Escape impressed me with a long last. I was able to smell the perfume on me for the entire day, which is really good, because usually when I spray perfume directly on my skin the scent does not last very long...if at all.

It should be pretty obvious that Calvin Klein Escape lasted on my shirt for the entire day, and was still detectable the next morning. Spraying Escape on your coat will ensure 2 days of the scent. Not bad!

Overall Calvin Klein Escape gets two thumbs up in the 'long lasting scent department'.

Recommended Wear:

For me Calvin Klein Escape is a nice scent to wear at night. I find it's thick musky aroma would be suitable for dinner parties, nights out on the town, and so on. I also think it'd be a good scent for a nice seductive romantic night with your significant other.

It just has that warm seductive scent that puts you in a sexy time mood. Hehe!

Pricing and Availability:

You can find Calvin Klein Escape at perfume stores, and online for around $50.00 for the largest 3.4 ounce bottle. Prices are lower for smaller bottles. For more bang for your buck, you can purchase the gift set which includes the lotion and perfume.

No comments:

Post a Comment