Friday, April 17, 2009

M.A.C. Eyeshadow Review

I know it sounds crazy to go out and spend $14.00 on eye shadow. But if you build your collection slowly, it's not that big of a financial deal...so long as you limit yourself to one per visit. Hah!

So I went overboard this week. Shoot me.

My Latest Find:

MAC Eyeshadow in the color Nocturnelle

The Color:

You can't go by the color chart that you see on the MAC website, because they have their shadings way off.

Noctornelle is described on the website as a 'pinked up chrome purple' (with a frost finish)

What you get in the actual store/mail though is a more marooned rose color with flecks of reddish brown glitter. More reddish than brown.

Skin Tone Recommendation:

If you are pale, skip Nocturnelle all together. It is vibrant, and will make your lids look infected, and or give off a stoner appearance.

For those with medium/dark skin tones though Nocturnelle is a gorgeous color for the lids, and will really make your eyes pop.

I recommend you use Nocturnelle, and a dark eyeliner over it, with a lighter color gold shimmer for the upper lid. Blend of course.

Last:

The thing I love about MAC Eyeshadow is that a little goes a long way, and where you apply it, is where it shall stay for the remainder of the day. You don't have to worry about it smudging, sticking to creases, or giving off gross eyelid shine.

Application:

MAC Shadow's go on with ease. If you want you can apply it using the tip of your finger, or you can use an eyeshadow brush.

I prefer using a thick eyeshadow brush. I swipe it across the small palette of color only once, and then sweep it across my lids. I then blend it into areas where I want it lighter, or darker.

Overall MAC Eyeshadow, Nocturnelle is a gorgeous color, that stays put. For me, MAC sells one of the highest quality shadows I have ever used. I cannot recommend it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment