Friday, April 17, 2009

M.A.C Select Foundation SPF15 Moistureblend

I've had a love for MAC Cosmetics for quite some time now. I never really paid much mind to their liquid concealers though, because I always found them to be way overpriced. My favorite products were their pressed powder Studio Fix Concealers.

However after finding that I was buying foundation after foundation from lower end liquid foundations, I figured I may as well go ahead and splurge on MAC. I figured I'd already wasted a good $60 on foundation that sucked...why not try a $30.00 MAC Foundation that will likely work like a charm?

I had quite a few different foundations to pick through, but I decided to go with MAC Foundation, Select SPF 15, simply because it contained SPF 15, which means my face will be protected from the suns UV's. Any facial freak, knows damn well that UV ='s WRINKLES!!! Any young lady who gives a damn about their health, and appearance tries to savor that flawless skin for as long as possible.

(Trust me, I have a girlfriend who is only 21 years old, and her skin already resembles an old woman's skin type. That's what years of daily trips to the tanning salon will do to yah hunny!!! Tee-hee! Yeah, believe it or not, all that damage you inflict onto your skin in your teen years WILL eventually make a come back for Karma)

Anyhow...

I choose shade NW25 which has been one of my favorite shades from MAC. NW25 looks slightly lighter on the MAC website, because the color is actually a medium light color, that has a slight burnt orange tint to it. The tint is subtle, but it is definitely not recommended to those with pale skin.

MAC seriously needs to update their coloring charts on the site, because EVERYTHING is OFF by about 4 shades.

I recommend it to those with slight medium light skin, or to those with a subtle summer tan. Otherwise this shade is just going to look stupid on yah.

My Use:

MAC recommends that you apply with a foundation brush! UGH! I tried this, and it only makes the foundation look over done. I recommend you simply flip the glass container over, and dab some foundation to your finger. It looks best that way.

After you apply with your finger, you can than (if you want) use an application disc to blend the foundation in better. Its not necessary, but it is a hell of a lot cleaner to do it this way than with your nose pickin' finger.

Too many folks moan that MAC causes break outs... but this is because they fail to actually think about how they are applying it. FINGERS=DIRTY...and DIRTY=PIMPLES! The math is simple really.

I have never experienced any break outs from MAC Foundation, Select SPF 15. It slides onto my face effortlessly, and gives me a flawless matte finish that I simply adore.

I usually suffer from combination oily skin, and end up with a shiny forehead at the end of the day. MAC though has been awesome when it comes to ridding my face of shine.

For a full shine free flawless matte finish I recommend you use this liquid foundation (MAC Foundation, Select SPF 15) in your appropriate shade, and then add a small layer of STUDIO FIX POWDER to really leave your face looking naturally stunning.

I cannot recommend Foundation, Select SPF 15 more. It has been by far, one of my favorite liquid foundations.

I do however wish that it came with a pump release at the top, and not a screw off lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment