Friday, April 17, 2009

Review: Tatiana by Diane Von Furstenberg

I'm a perfume junkie, and whenever someone is about to pass off free perfume to me, I'll take it (even if it smells pretty rancid). You see I like collecting bottles, mini bottles, or larger decorative perfume bottles.

When someone passed off Tatiana by Diane Von Furstenberg, you better believe I took it.

When I first got hold of Tatiana, I figured it would have a classical old smell to it due to it's dark burnt orange color. Most burnt orange colors look antique, and smell antique. I sort of painted that impression on Tatiana the moment I got a glimpse of it, and my first impression of the perfume was correct.

Scent:

I sprayed a small amount of the perfume onto my wrist to give it a sniff test. The smell is a bit overwhelming at first with a very old fashioned smell of dried out flowers, and rust. The combination was pretty gross, but not in a way that would make you gag.

I personally wouldn't wear it out regularly as it is strong, it lingers for quite some time, and it sets off that whole old, old lady vibe.

Tatiana is recommended for romantic wear, but it's powdery rose and rust stench would likely just cause your lover to have a sneeze fest, as it is so spicy it tickles your nose.

After a few hours Tatiana begins to smell more like powder than it does anything else. The powder though is still thick and still has a presence of some type of floral arrangement.

Hmm...maybe the fact that it reminds me of funerals is what makes it so stinky?

Appearance:

Tatiana comes in a very nice shaped bottle, which reminds me of an odd cut gem. The bottle itself is definitely worthy of saving on the shelf, as far as the perfume itself goes though; well that is a different story.

Overall:

It's not one I would ever buy on my own. was glad to be given Tatiana for free solely for the nice gem cut glass bottle. Other than that though, I wouldn't recommend this one to anyone...that is...unless you like smelling like a classical old lady?

For those who dig it, or may dig it, you can purchase it mostly online. I have never ran into this perfume in any perfume stores. Online vendors sell Tatiana for around $19.99 to $24.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment