Thursday, April 30, 2009

Review: Maybelline's New Dream Matte Powder


I specifically wanted Maybelline, Dream Matte Powder for summer months when my skin tends to be shinier looking. I hate shiny looking skin, and matte foundations and powders tend to hide shine a hell of a lot better than other foundations and powders.

Although I didn't care too much for Maybelline's new liquid dream foundation, I still went ahead and tried out the powder hoping for better results. Hoping for long lasting results, and hoping the finish looked natural and not thick and cakey.

The powder itself goes on like a dream, it is light, airy, looks natural and feels natural. Frankly I do not even feel it when it is on.

What I also love is how it leaves my skin looking flawless and how it evens out my skin tone; not only that though, the powder itself got rid of the shine on my nose and forehead which is a huge huge plus!

The cons mostly are associated with the compact. Take a look at this photo. The compact is clumsy. The powder is pressed into its own separate chamber. You get to it by clicking up the see through lid. The application disc though is located underneath in a separate compartment. It does not slide out though, it slides to the right.


The reason I don't like it though is because it makes the compact harder to open completely, and it makes it easier to drop.

The application sponge disc is also made with cheap material, and you will notice it immediately. It has a thin cheap feel to it, and it is very small and hard to hold. Not only that it does not collect too much powder, so you continuously have to keep dipping it into the powder to fully cover your face in the powder for an even finish.

Overall though, I still love the powder. The compartment and the applicator could use some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment