Friday, March 27, 2009

Bare Escentuals Rareminerals Skin Revival Treatment Night


In my recent quest to remain young, I told my uncle that I needed to stock up on anti aging and anti wrinkle creams, lotions, serums, or whatever is possible to get my hands on. He thought it was funny because my skin does not have a wrinkle to be seen. Yeah by him! I see them little crow’s feet starting to stretch out from my eyelid! I see it there trying to be sneaky!

See today I turned 25, and even though he thought I was joking, I wasn’t. I am not happy about this number, nor the way my skin is going to start looking if I don’t take care of it.

I know a lot of folks will say, ‘Oh you’re young’… ‘You’re still a baby’. WHATEVER to them all, they don’t know what they are talking about.

As of now, I’m wrinkle free, AS OF NOW! But to make sure it stays that way, I of course need to start thinking about my skin! My face mostly.
25 is the age man, if you don’t start taking care of your skin now, you may as well go get yourself a paper bag and draw a happy face on it.

So about 4 days ago I get a package from UPS. My uncle Lenny (I love you) added in Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Skin Revival Treatment – NIGHT in a medium shade. Ooooohhhhh. I have heard about this before. I gave him a call, gave the whole thank you, and he kept telling me how I didn’t need it, and that he threw it in with the rest of my goodies as a joke.

He must be doing good, because that’s one expensive joke ($60).
The jokes on him, because I was excited to try out my new anti aging treatment. Haha!

My night treatment comes in a gold and white canister and contained .15 oz. Of RareMinerals.
On top is a small classy circular cut mirror, (finally a company that puts the mirror on the outside, and not the inside, where it can collect powder and get all fogged up).

You simply pop the top in any fashion. Inside is an attached applicator sponge. However you have to twist it till the arrow is on open. You can now puff some treatment out on your face. Now simply re-twist back to close it.

I quickly watched as I began to apply it to my face that my sponge was getting soaked with the medium colored product. Something about makeup stains on applicator sponges always has irked me, but what can yah do?

What I found mind boggling was how I was not able to remove the top at all to see how much was in the container. It’s really a guessing game on when you’re all out, or when you need to buy a new one. I honestly didn’t enjoy that.

WHAT IS IT FOR?


Well it’s used for bedtime, you apply a few dabs here and there, tah la la…here a puff, there a puff… everywhere a puff, puff; now go to bed.

This stuff is so light feeling that I honestly did not think anything was going on my face, and I thought I needed more than what I really did need. I guess when you are used to cruddy products; weight on your face feels normal. Making RareMinerals abnormal.

The coverage was flawless. I could not even feel it, nor see any traces of powder on my face or any darker areas near my dry spots. What I did see was a healthy natural looking coverage. I was impressed.

NIGHT TIME:

I at first was skeptical about the whole ‘leave it on at night’ concept, and thought that this powder was surely going to come off all over my pillow, so I lined my pillow with a blanket, just in case.
I had read testimonials about how people were claiming to wake up after just one treatment and seeing results. Hmm… I doubt that.

I woke up the next day and inspected my blankets and pillows. Not a trace of it anywhere. Hmmm…not bad, not bad at all.

I then waddled my way upstairs like a zombie expecting look like one.
Would you believe it! No creature face.
Obviously the treatment was still all over my face, but I was shocked to see that my skin looked sort of… dare I say…new!?

Yes, it did. My skin actually looked refreshed, and clean. Usually I wake up all splotchy, with patches of grease on my forehead and nose, and a new zit where the grease on my forehead forms overnight.
However waking up with RareMinerals this was not the case. I then rinsed off the leftover product on my face, and I was expecting to see my morning creature like self again under the makeup. The splotchy skin, a new zit perhaps…

But even after rinsing it off, I still looked refreshed, and my face still had that RareMineral healthy glow. WOW, WOW, WOW! I barely even had to do a touch up with foundation in the morning. This was amazing. This was definitely a skin break thru for me.

I don’t know what kept me from using it during the daytime. I honestly enjoy the look of this on my face more than my clay like foundation that dries out and leaves a clown like cake appearance on my face by mid-afternoon.

4 DAYS!

I know it has been only 3 nights and 4 days, but already I can report that I have not a single pimple erupt on my face since using this. My pores already look minimized, and the glow on my face is the biggest treat. No more dull unhealthy looking skin.

I don’t wake up looking like a zombie anymore, and this has taken my makeup application in the morning down a lot, and has saved me a good 15 minutes.
I used to start with a base, then a foundation, and then I’d do my cheeks with blush. Ech! Thinking of all that gunk going on my face now turns my stomach.

Just imagine how much bacteria was being slapped on and sticking to my skin while using heavy creamy foundations. Ew! Liquid foundation is so scrubby to me now. The enemy!

I now barely even have to do a touch up in the morning. I wash my face, apply a very light layer of ‘powdered’ foundation, to my greasier of areas, and that’s it. That’s really all I need.

I can’t wait to see what my skin will look like in 10 days. A new woman I’m honestly imaging.

Have I really found my fountain of youth in this little canister?
Perhaps. I wouldn’t go that far, but I can honestly say my skin already looks 60% better than it did 4 days ago.
If my pores completely disappear, I will update and really praise this stuff, and urge Epinions to allow me to add 5 more stars.

SPEAKING OF BACTERIA:

That’s sort of where I have an issue with Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Night Treatment. You see there really is no way to clean off the attached sponge applicator. I’m watching it get darker in color with each use.
I do apply it to a clean washed face, but I know that there is some funk still on my face, and pressing this applicator to my face everyday can’t be 100% clean. Oils stick to the sponge, I’m sure. So really it’s like puffing bacteria all over your face once the applicator is really dirty. I know this can cause acne.

So far I have been safe, but that’s because mine is new, I’m sure with long-term use, I too will see an occasional pimple because of this flawed design. A removable puff applicator would have been much better, that way I could replace it when it starts to look funky.

WHERE CAN YOU GET IT?

The price is high no matter where you try and buy it. It’s going to run you $60 easily (but I’m telling you its worth it). You can get it on the RareMinerals website, ULTA, or ULTA’s website.

HERE ARE SOME STATISTICS:

-89% felt their skin was firmer and more resilient
-85% felt their skin texture had improved
-83% saw fewer imperfections and less visible pores
-82% saw clearer skin
-81% saw fewer discolorations
-68% saw a reduction in facial lines and wrinkles

OVERALL:

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. I’m a customer for life now. My skin says thank you.

INGREDIENTS:

Organic soil mineral Concentrate, Illite (Green Clay), Emblica Fruit, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) - Natural, Aloe barbadensis Leaf Juice, Honey Bush Extract, Wheat Germ Extract, Rosemary Extract, White Tea Extract, rooibos extract, Other Ingredients: Organic Soil Mineral Concentrate - penetrates the skin due to the nature of the minerals and absorbs other materials making it a good carrier for active ingredients. Jurassic soil - virgin soil that remains untouched for thousands of years allowing for natural rock formations rich in minerals to remain intact and preserve the natural and optimum soil-mineral balance composition to be extracted by a proprietary process exclusive to Bare Escentuals.

RECOMMENDATION:

Hear ye’ hear ye’, this is a must have for any gal, any age. It has improved my skin, and I know it can do the same for anyone willing to splurge a little and give it a try.

I cannot praise it enough; it is my new skin miracle. Make it yours too…


No comments:

Post a Comment