Friday, March 27, 2009

Review: JLO Glow Body Lotion


I actually obtained a decent sized 6.7oz bottle of JLo Glow body lotion in a recent gift set given to me for my birthday. However I have used this many, many times before. I figured since yesterday’s birthday surprises contained a few JLo items, I might as well do the honor, and follow up with a stinky review. Hehe.

This lotion comes in the usual look of anything by JLo Glow. The signature orange GLOW is written in huge letters at the top of the bottle, followed up with J.Lo underneath it. The bottle itself is a mirror like silver with an easy to use pop up cap.

The smell of this lotion is wonderful, it’s why I keep buying it, and asking for it over and over again. It is a light musk scent, which for me reminds me of Jovan musk mixed with gardenia. However gardenia is not in the ingredients. But hey, that’s what my honker smells, so…

WHAT’S REALLY IN IT?

Orange flower, Grapefruit, Rose, Sandalwood, Soft Amber, jasmine, Vanilla and Musk.

I go all out!!!

When I find a scent I like, I go all out. Like most woman I’m sure. If I like the perfume, I must have the lotion, the shower gel, and anything else that may be available in the scent.
I will usually shower with the gel, apply the lotion, and follow up with a few squirts of perfume. I feel I get the full-blown effect, just the way JLo had intended.

HOW IS IT?

I enjoyed the shower gel that I got in a set in the past, and figured I would enjoy the lotion as well. I did don’t get me wrong. The GLOW scent is the same, and it smells wonderful. However the lotion itself was extremely runny and reminded me of a cheap sun tan lotion in consistency.

I didn’t even have to squeeze the bottle, all I had to do was tip it, and the white lotion began to pour quickly out of the bottle. Things can get quite messy if you’re not crafty.

Once I had a decent amount I began rubbing the lotion into my legs and stomach. It sort of felt a little greasy at first, and I was a little upset thinking that I was going to have to rinse of after using it.

It absorbed into my skin pretty quickly though, and once it was absorbed the greasy feeling went with it.

STINKY POWER:

I did not follow up with the perfume afterwards, I wanted to see just how long the scent of the lotion would last without backup help.

Surprisingly I got a few good scented hours out of it, and the scent lasted on my clothes just like the perfume. Not as long though. I could smell it the next day on my clothes, but it definitely didn’t stick around for a week like it’s perfume pal.

JLO SIGHTINGS:

You can grab this one up when you can find it. It is a rare treat to be able to obtain just the lotion without having to buy the gift sets. However department stores such as Macy’s and JCPenny have been known to carry the lotions by themselves. But you are better of spending $15 more and getting it with a gift set. The lotion itself can run you almost $25 depending on whether or not there is a sale going on. For a few bucks more you can obtain the whole set containing perfume, lotion, and shower gel.

SKIN IMPROVEMENT'S:

None.

The lotion rubs in and absorbs quickly, however it will not leave your skin feeling moisturized at all. It leaves a nice scent behind and that’s about it. Even after many, many uses, I didn’t notice any improvements in my skin either.

As nice as this lotion smells, it really has no benefit to your skin, if you like the scent stick with just purchasing the perfume.

OVERALL:

JLo Glow lotion is a fantastic treat to the nose, and the scent does last for quite some time, however it provides no moisturize to dry skin. It’s meant for scent and nothing else, at least that is my conclusion.

RECOMMENDATION:

Buy the perfume. The lotion is not worth it.



-Many of my reviews can be found on Epi

No comments:

Post a Comment