Friday, March 27, 2009

Philosophy Lemonade 3 In 1 Shampoo, Shower Gel, and Bubble Bath


My second victim in my Philosophy treasure chest was Lemonade. I was glad that my ever so generous cousin added this scent into my basket. Lemon scented bath products are perfect for summer time, and they always wake me up and make me feel refreshed.

Philosophy’s Lemonade is a 3 in 1 bath product. For $16 (16oz) you get a shampoo, bubble bath, and a body wash. Honestly if you break that down it’s rather cheap. They also have 4oz bottles available in sets.

Package:

The bottle itself is white, and has an almost 3D realistic looking lemon on it. Above the lemon is a cute little saying. ‘When life hands you lemons make…Lemonade.’
The cap is black with an easy to use click up, and squeeze function.

The product inside is a pearl like yellow color. It resembles the look of real lemonade, only much, much thicker.

Lemonade:

The products itself is thick and luscious, and smells just like lemonade, but not fresh squeezed lemonade. It smells like a cheap version of Ssips lemonade. Still though, it’s a pleasant scent.

When Used as a Bubble Bath:

I was unsuccessful using Philosophy products in the past for bubble baths, and I knew that Lemonade would most likely disappoint as well.
I squeezed in a generous amount of Lemonade and watched as my bubbles appeared and disappeared as quickly as they came.

Body Wash:

I dabbed on about a quarter-sized amount of Lemonade onto my shower pouf and began rubbing it all around my arms and legs. A nice sudsy and moisturizing lather appeared nearly instantly. I had the nice refreshing lemony scent all around me. But it lacked that lemon zing that I was expecting.

When I dried off I couldn’t smell even the smallest note of lemon. It was gone. My skin even though it felt like it was getting moisturization while applying it, felt the same once I dried off.

Shampoo:

I used nearly a handful of Lemonade and it made a thick lather on top of my head. I rubbed it in, and all around for a little while hoping to capture some of the scent. Lemonade gave me that same moisturizing feeling that Red Delicious Apple did, however once rinsed it felt dry. Like I said, follow up with a nice conditioner to rid this drying feeling from your hair.

Once dry, I sort of had a feeling I wouldn’t smell Lemonade in my hair, and sure enough I was right.

Overall:

Again I was not overly impressed with Philosophy’s 3 in 1’s. The smell was trying hard to be realistic, but smelled like generic juice with no real lemons in it. I enjoyed it as a shampoo; it was horrible when used as a bubble bath, and nothing spectacular in the body wash department. The cute packaging is eye candy, what’s inside though is sort of dull and lacking that lemony kick.

Again I’m glad I got this as a gift. I would not purchase this on my own, nor would I want to buy more in the future.

It’s a skip in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment