Friday, March 27, 2009

Lush, Big Blue Bath Bomb Review


I am not much of a bath person. Showers have always been my passion, but because of the latest LUSH hype, I had to give one of their bath bombs a try.

I didn’t want to purchase a sissy one; I wanted a big one, the biggest! Big blue was right there, his name was calling me, and his price was low. I added him to my cart, and wondered what my bath bomb would be like before it even got to me.

I imagined bathing in a spa like atmosphere, the scent of lemon and lavender surrounding me and drowning my senses with its lovely overpowering scent.

When it did arrive, I wad not shocked by it’s large 6.3oz size. I have used bath bombs before, and have seen big ones like this.
I planned on cutting it in half and saving the other half for another bath like others on the site recommended. However when I tried to do this, things proved to be close to impossible. I realized it was going to make a big mess, and I’d end up with a bunch of crumbs.

I ran my bath, and plopped the whole Big Blue in.
Unlike other bombs I have tried in the past, Big Blue actually floated, and sort of let out a small amount of foam. It was nothing impressive though.

While fizzing away the bomb was also releasing seaweed. At first I was grossed out, it looked creature like, yet exotic.

THE SMELL

Big Blue let off a subtle scent. It was nothing beautiful, and it was sort of boyish. It was a mix of lemon, and some sort of herb that I cannot quite pin. The lemon was not like yum, yum lemon drop lemon, it was more like the scent you get when you make yourself a cup of warm Theraflu. Basically it’s a scent I recall when I’m sick.

THE SEA-MESS

The supposed swirls of seaweed like the site says didn’t swirl at all. They sunk to the bottom and scratched lightly at my body. It was not a pleasant feeling; it was as if I was bathing on top of grains of dirt.

THE WATER

Usually when I take any sort of bath I add things into the water, and even with the cheapest Calgon powdered bath spas the water usually feels smooth and silky. This was not the case with Big Blue.
I felt no difference in my water. It was a nice blueish teal color, yes, but it did nothing for me. It was almost as if I had just thrown dye into the water and threw in chunks of seaweed, and added a tsp. of Theraflu for scent. I could have done this for close to nothing in cost. Big Blue cost me $5.40. Usually when I spend $5 on bath bombs I get 4 or 5 of them anywhere else.

I figured if I allowed myself to sit in the tub long enough I would grow to enjoy it. However as the water got cooler, my anger grew hotter. I felt ripped off.
There was nothing exciting about Big Blue. The gobs of seaweed under my butt skeeved me out as time went on, and eventually I said ‘screw it’, and hopped out.

I dried up expecting some sort of moisturization to my body. However I got none of this. Big Blue was a waste of money. It did nothing.
I pulled the plug on my drain and walked out disappointed. Never again Big Blue. Never again.

HAAR HAAR HAAR… THAT’S WHAT YOU THINK!

The next day my boyfriend comes up to me and tells me we need to pour something down the tub drain.

“Why?”

“There are black worms everywhere!” He replied in a panic.

I laughed. I knew what he was referring to. I knew that Big Blue must have left some seaweed behind, even though I was imagining they would of all went down the drain.

I went in and took a look. I was expecting to see ‘some’ seaweed. Not an entire layer of it caking the whole tub. Uch!

I got down on my hands and knees and began scooping up handfuls of it. Ewwie! It left brown poop colored skid marks as I began scooping it up.

So Big Blue disappoints me again. He left a big nasty mess behind, and he didn’t even do anything for my skin. The scent was medicinal, and the whole thing was just a big pathetic mess!


OVERALL:


I guess I’m an unappreciative mermaid! Hmph.

RECOMMENDATION:

None. Big Blue is a failure. It serves no purpose other than to dye your tub water, and leave a big disgusting mess behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment