Monday, March 30, 2009

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Glistening Perfection Conditioner for Platinum To Champagne Blondes


I’ve been burned before on John Frieda’s products before.

However like any name brand company, there are plenty of products you love from them, and plenty that you hate.

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Glistening Perfection Conditioner for Platinum to Champagne Blondes is one of them products that I’m in love with.

I have thick unruly wavy hair. I’m not talking your average thick hair either; I’m talking woolly bully. I actually had a stylist tell me my hair was the thickest she had ever worked on. That wasn’t a good thing either. There is a thin line between good thick hair, and crazy thick hair.

IF MY HAIR COULD TALK
-Before-

“Hello. I’m crazy thick. Shampoos and conditioners don’t stand a chance up against me. I’m out of control, I’m puffy, and when I walk through the door, you don’t forget me. I’m like a jungle with vines tangled all over the place. I’m so messy. Hahahaah!”

What my hair says after applying John Frieda’s conditioner:

“Today that girl put something on me, it was gooey and cold, and it smelt kind of nice! I’m so mad at her now; I’m not knotting up when she’s active, my vines have come down! What has she done to me, she’s killing me, oh what a cruel world!”

That’s pretty much what John Frieda’s glistening perfection conditioner does. You feel the difference the moment you apply it. You don’t have to wait for your hair to dry and style it to know if you’ve got a good conditioner or not. I was able to tell the moment I started to rub it in my scalp that this stuff was about to perform some sort of a small miracle for my head.

You are supposed to shampoo first, the bottle recommends you use its sister shampoo John Frieda’s glistening perfection shampoo; however any shampoo from any brand will do the job just fine. After shampooing you then apply an amount that is necessary for your hair length and thickness. I myself squeeze out about half a handful of the conditioner, run it through my hair, and wait three or four minutes.

As I began to wash the conditioner out, I could immediately tell that this magic yellow goop had done something magical, my hypothesis was right. My hair had never felt so silky and soft while washing any products out of it. And what’s this? No knots during the process!

I was able to brush my hair and style it afterwards without any knots and tangles, or the feeling of any residue left behind. It left my hair soft and shiny, and not to mention manageable. There was no greasy feeling to my hair at all after using this product, like so many other conditioners tend to do to my thick hair. I was amazed. (I still had to use a straight iron though afterwards) It doesn’t really do much for the “puff”, it just makes it tangle free, so it is much easier to style.

Now the conditioner worked like a charm, however there was no difference in my hair getting any lighter, or it improving the blonde color my hair already was, even after using this product for over a 2-month period.

I purchased mine at target. You can also find it in almost every shopping center, and drug stores ranging from $5 to $7.

PASS IT ON


I’d say yep, go out and buy it, it works wonderfully in combating knotty thick hair; however it won’t help much in the ‘poof’ department. You’re on your own with that issue, if you happen to find a magic puff-reducing product for girls with thick unruly hair, feel free to leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment