Monday, March 30, 2009

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Crystal Clear Hairspray


Today my hair is so stiff you can knock on it. –Yep stiff as a board-

I bought John Frieda’s Sheer Blonde Crystal Clear Hairspray only because it promised that it would hold my hair firmly and dry clear, plus it would leave no sticky messy residue behind. Not only that but this bad boy also promised protection from the sun, seeing how its got sunscreen in it as well.

The spray can itself was also a contributing factor as to why I spent $7.50 on hairspray. It was pretty. I admit it, I sometimes fall victim to buying products because the packaging is enticing to my eyes; which send a message to my brain telling me ‘oh la la, that’s sure is pretty, gotsta have me some!’

Let me be blunt, honest, and rude. John Frieda’s hairspray stinks. Yeah the scent smells pretty bad, sort of glue like and chemically… but not only that, the product itself stinks as well.

I’ve been lied to, that wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened with hair products. This hairspray goes on easy. You just press down on the nozzle, and spray it all around your dome piece; it comes out in a light mist, which I liked. Watch your eyes!

Hmm now wait; wait, for it to dry.

HOW DOES IT FEEL?
Well sticky, yucky, grimy, and did I mention crispy! How can the sun damage my hair any more than this product already has?
My hair is now as hard as a rock; it is not soft like the bottle promised. It sure is firm though, and a little gritty as well.

LONG TERM EXPOSURE
By the end of the day if you happen to catch a glimpse of your head in a mirror, you will notice the residue, and how dull your hair looks (crystal clear my rear end!)
Yay, you look like you’ve got a big dandruff problem.

There is no hiding now, you’re at work, and everyone thinks you’re a big giant dirt bag who never bathes, they are afraid to come near you because your flakes may land in their cup of coffee.

This is what happens when I tie my hair back into a bun, and spray it all around just to hold in any stragglers. It does do the job of holding them in though; I will give credit where it is due.

So do you want to know what happens when you spray this on styled hair?

Okay here’s a scenario: You’ve spent about an hour or two curling your hair, you’re ready for a night out with some friends. You need hairspray to hold in the curls right!? Right.

Don’t use John Frieda’s Sheer Blonde Crystal Hairspray, unless you want to spend the rest of the night washing this gunk out, and restyling your hair.
This spray will make your hair knotty and unmanageable. It does not hold curls in place, it weighs them down, and the curls will knot into other curls eventually creating a nest effect. Unless your aim is to look like Cruella steer clear of this product.

RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY!
Say you have a bunch of this glue like substance in your hair; you may wonder what’s to happen if it rains, or if it is humid? Well the same dang thing that happens when you try to spray it on styled hair. It weighs down the curls even more though, and eventually all you are left with is a bunch of flakes. Oh my God, It’s snowing!!!!

I would not recommend this spray to anyone. However I would recommend it as a great Halloween hair product if your going for that scary punk rocker look.

No comments:

Post a Comment