Friday, March 27, 2009

Lush Rock Star Soap



I ordered LUSH Rock Star soap only because most of the reviews I have read pretty much praise it. This soap was actually the main reason for my LUSH order. I had to try it. I wanted to experience the trip to the candy shop in my bathroom. I wanted to bathe in cotton candy; I wanted to be taken back to my childhood, even if it is only a 10-minute flashback.

I’m not really a soap person. Usually I’m content with my Bath & Body Works body washes and 3 in 1’s. However I just had to try LUSH, anything LUSH. It seems it’s all everyone ever talks about. LUSH, LUSH, LUSH! I thought of it in my dreams. Plus I had to fit in I mean gez, peer pressure!

ANYWAYS:

LUSH Rock Star soap is a pretty creamy looking pink. The moment I opened my box and saw it, I noticed how different it looked from what was displayed on the Internet website. Yes it was a creamy pink soap, but the pink looked almost like it had a gray tint to it. Not ugly, but certainly not beautiful. I was hoping my bar wasn’t expired or worse, rotten.

IT WASN’T SIGNED, BUT IT WAS SEALED, AND DELIVERED…

My Rock Star bar came in a clear plastic wrap with a deli like label on it. However like with my other LUSH soaps mine did not come with an expiration date, or a marking of any sort on who made my soap. Too bad for me I guess, maybe this bar is expired, and they didn’t want to fess up to it. Grrr!

HOW MUCH?

Rock Star soap sells for $7.60 for a 3.5oz bar. Which for me was a little high for soap. But my want for things always wins over needs. I didn’t need it, but I sure did want it. So I splurged, I’m guilty, shoot me!

STINK-O-METER:
I could detect a slight smell through the wrap, it wasn’t strong or overpowering like I thought it would be either. I opened the wrap, and the smell hit me. The first thought that popped into my head was cherries. But not a fresh real cherry, again I smelled the same smell I had inhaled when I first used Angel's Delight, fruit punch powdered drink mix! Man! It sort of reminded me of it, but it smelled a lot sweeter.

I cut my Rock Star bar into sample-sized pieces because LUSH soap has a tendency to melt fast. So I wanted to save it for as long as possible. The creamy bar cut easily and I noticed it was sort of sticky. I got about 7 or 8 sample-sized pieces, which was plenty. I took one out of the batch, and put the left over ones in the refrigerator.

SHOWER TIME!

I wanted to use this one fast because I was afraid that if I shampooed and conditioned, then used the soap it would of melted in the shower while waiting for me. So I used it first, then saved half to use after. Smart thinking in case it vanished.

I was surprised at how nice and creamy the lather got. It wasn’t much of a lather, but it felt nice on my skin.

The smell was okay, and I did like it. But I surely was not drooling over it, and I didn’t detect the scent of cotton candy, or lollipops, or anything of the sort. I smelled cherry kool-aid, and cough syrup. It wasn’t an overbearing scent, but it also wasn’t wonderful.
I was thinking that perhaps this was like the Angel’s Delight soap, that maybe the nice smell would be detectable on m skin after I dried off.

SHAKE OFF!

Once I got out of the shower, dried up and put my nose to my arm I didn’t smell a thing. I thought that I’d at least get an hour or 2 of scent lingering on my body. But I got nothing.

My skin however did feel smoother and moisturized, so that was a plus even though the smell vanished.

Now here is where things get weird. The second time I used the soap, the smell did stay with me, and it was subtle and nice. So I don’t know what the deal is with this bar, but it works sometimes, and other times it doesn’t leave a scent behind at all. However the second time using it, the smell was so weak that probably only I could smell it. No one else even complimented, so that’s why I believe so.
The slight scent that I wad able to smell on my skin for about an hour was watered down cough medicine. Now maybe I’m just weird, but I sort of don’t mind that smell. Where for others it could be horrible.

WHY DOES IT SMELL LIKE THAT?
Because it contains Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, D&C Red No. 33,

WANT SOME?

You can find this particular soap at any local LUSH store, or online. I would recommend getting it at the store if possible. Shipping rates are ridiculous.

RECOMMENDATION:

Yes, I’d recommend the Rock Star bar. It is a nice smelling soap, however with a purchase of it, I feel it’s a 50/50 chance you get a bad bar. The lather was a nice feeling on my skin, and the way it made my skin feel after drying off was a major plus.

I probably will purchase this again when it runs out, but It’s definitely not a must have if I do run out. I could live without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment