Friday, March 27, 2009

Lush, Sultana of Soap


As you probably already can see. I love Lush. Sometimes though it is a hit or miss with them, and sometimes you find something that you know you will purchase time and time again.

My all time favorite soap by Lush goes to Sultana!


Sultana of Soap that is:

On the lush.com website it looked inviting, and reminded me of a cut of chocolate chip cheesecake. But nothing of the sort was actually in it. There are chunks of apricots, currents, and cranberries according to the site.

You too may obtain some Sultana on the website for only $4.95 which is actually pretty cheap when it comes to Lush soaps. I was nervous thinking that perhaps this stuff was garbage seeing how it’s price was so low and I was still getting the normal Lush 3.5oz bar.

You can also grab the same soap up at any local Lush if you’re lucky enough to have one nearby. At the store you can obtain an even larger piece if you desire. Sultana is handmade soap that originally gets cut from a giant ‘mother’ block.

STICKY ICKY ICKY…


That’s right; Sultana soap came a little messy. It was not melted, but even if I touched it it felt as if it were melting under my fingertips. This made me nervous, because if it was melting just from the heat of my fingers, I wondered how it would withstand a warm shower.

Usually I cut all of my Lush soaps into sample-sized chunks so I can save the rest. (In a cool dry place or the fridge). My Sultana looked nothing like it did on the website, for one, my soap was a regular square shaped piece of soap. It was a lovely tan whitish color; on the top of the bar I could detect pieces of fruits, and swear mine had some sort of nuts in it.

Stinky, I love you Stinky!

Oh did she smell, but lovely. I was in love with the scent, and this is why I had to give Sultana a try before bothering with the rest of my goods in the order. I could definitely detect a slight refreshing scent of apricots.

I didn’t smell any cranberry or current. It smelled like apricots mixed with almonds. I know almonds aren’t even in the mix of the goods, but I swear mine had nuts, and this very well could have accidentally been added into my soap.
Well I’m glad for the mishap. I enjoyed the scent.

SHOWER TIME!!!

I took a piece of a sample cut into the shower with me expecting it to melt the moment humidity hit the air from my hot water. However it sat in the soap dish just fine while I did the whole hair thing.

I rubbed the bar all around my body and was surprised by it’s fast acting lather. It was not a sudsy bubbly lather, but it was a creamy lotion like one, which was different and not bad at all.

I got a good scrubbing out of the sample piece, and then towards the near end I could feel scratchy particles, which I guess, were supposed to exfoliate. However the scratchy feeling was not really hard enough to really exfoliate anything. I didn’t mind. I hate exfoliation particles in my soap.

However I sort of got skeeved when the soap began to release these shavings of nuts or apricots, (whatever they were?) to my skin. Not only that raisins… yes raisins, (not dried up cranberries as Lush describes) were falling to the floor.

In my sample piece there were only 2 in the soap, but I honestly had no idea why Lush added them? There was no way in hell these raisins were going down the drain. So I had to pick them up.

Sultana could be a messy headache, if you happen to bring in the whole bar and have this gunk flinging to the floor. 2 raisins in my shower floor were not bad, but I couldn’t imagine what it’d look like if you brought the whole 3.5oz bar in with you.

All in all though my Sultana sample sized cut lasted for the majority of the shower, and my cut was actually bigger than what I needed.

After:

My skin did feel slightly moisturized after using Sultana, but it was nothing huge. What was huge though for me, and always a major plus was the scent that lasted and lasted on my skin throughout the day. I was in heaven with myself.
The almond apricot scent stood with me, and this is why I love Lush, and keep coming back for more.

Overall:

Sultana Of Soap is another product from Lush than I can happily say I will be reordering over and over again. I wish they’d leave out the messy raisins though, seeing how they do nothing but fall from the soap leaving a mess behind on the floor.

Recommended?

Oh yeah, Sultana is a keeper. I’d recommend it, but I’m off to buying it all. Mine! All mine! None for you! Mine! Mine! Mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment