Friday, March 27, 2009

Bath and Body Works Temptations Melon Cooler 3 In 1


My first in store sniff test, and I was hooked. I liked it, wait, and possibly even loved it.

PACKAGING:

Melon cooler comes in a 16-ounce clear bottle with a click cap, and cost $12. However seeing how my bathroom already is a little over crowded with bath products, I figured I’d go low key and purchase the 4 ounce bottle which sells for $5. However sometimes they go on sale, and you can pick up 4 of them for $10. Melon Cooler itself is a pale pearly colored green.

SCENT-

It smelled of fresh cut honeydew melon, with a splash of cantaloupe, and every other melon I could possibly think of. It was delicious. Mouth wateringly delicious. I didn’t hesitate at all. Melon Cooler came straight home with me.

WHAT IS MELON COOLER?

Melon Cooler is a 3 in 1 bath product. That’s right, you’re getting 3 products for the price of one. It is a body wash, a bubble bath, and a shampoo, all crammed up into one bottle. Ooh yeah!

With all of my 3 in 1 products I feel I cannot do a complete review unless I tell you about how the product works in all 3 situations.

THE BUBBLE BATH-

I have been fortunate with Bath & Body Works Temptation 3 in 1’s when it comes to using it for a bubble bath.
I don’t get huge foaming bubbles, but I do get a fairly decent amount, and they do seem to last for the majority of the bath. Not only that the bubble also smell fabulous. I could smell that lovely fruit salad scent all throughout the room. I give it an A.

THE BODY WASH-

This is mostly what all of my 3 in 1 products are used for, body wash. I only had to use a small quarter sized amount of product on my bath puff. It worked up quite a delicious sudsy lather. I was impressed, but I usually always am impressed with the lather I get from the Temptation line.

- Sadly though like with all of my Bath & Body Works 3 in 1’s, the scent disappears right after I dry off.

THE SHAMPOO-

I was a bit hesitant to try Melon Cooler as a shampoo. Most Temptation products when used as a shampoo fail miserably and make my hair feel like hay, so I didn’t have high hopes for this one at all.

Sure enough when I used it as a shampoo it knotted up my hair, and made it feel dry and unmanageable. I always use a deep conditioner after using any Temptation products in my hair and things go right back to normal, so really it’s not that big of a deal, but do make sure you have an excellent conditioner to use afterwards.

The shampoo smells excellent, like washing your hair with freshly squeezed honeydew melon juice. I really enjoyed it, and it worked up quite a nice lather, so you don’t need to use much at all.

-Usually Temptation products when used as shampoo have a tendency to have the scent vanish when your hair dries up.
I can happily report that this is not the case with Melon Cooler. I was still able to smell it in my hair hours later. I was surprised, and I liked it.
It lasted in my hair, but not on my skin. That’s okay, because I could smell it, and that’s all that counts. Not only that the smell is really addicting. I’ll be purchasing the 16oz bottle next time I’m in the store.

WHERE’S IT AT!?

You can purchase Melon Cooler at any local Bath & Body Works, or online at www.Bathandbodyworks.com.

WHAT’S IN THAT BOTTLE?

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Stearate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocomide MEA, Fragrance, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, PEG-150 Distearate, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium PCA, Benzophenone-4, Acrylates Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Isopropyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Yellow 5, Green 5


PASS IT ON:

I highly recommend Melon Cooler. It smells delicious, and it passes all 3 tests as being a great product. I love it, and plan on purchasing it next time I’m in the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment