Monday, March 30, 2009

Bath and Body Works, Aromatherapy Body Wash


My recent obsession with anything and everything Bath & Bodyworks is pretty much insane. With a recent gift card given to me I went pretty crazy on my last few shopping sprees, and somehow ended up purchasing Aromatherapy Orange Ginger Energizing Body Wash. I must have blacked out when I added this one to my shopping bag, and thought that it smelled good enough for purchase.

ANYWAYS

The 10oz body wash came in a clear plastic bottle, with a flip open lid. I bought it for approximately $13. But I am sure you can pick this up for less if there happens to be a sale going on. The wash itself has a gel like texture and has a slight rusty tint to it. It is also available for purchase on their site. www.bathandbodyworks.com

My first thought was mmm… smells good. Like citrus mixed with some herbs. It was not bad at all, however I definitely wasn’t in heaven, nor was I having this energizing lift when I gave it a sniff test. I guess I would have to put this stuff to the test while showering; perhaps the energizing side effect took place while using it?

SHOWER TIME

I squeezed out a pretty decent sized amount of it on my shower puff, and began to rub it all over my body, and… and… PHEW! EW! OH MY GOD! Can you say Pinesol mixed with Ajax? I was disgusted. I have never in my life used a product that smelled so strongly of such a nasty combination.

I guess this is why they say it gives you an ‘energizing lift’, because I was now wide awake, and shocked that I reeked of furniture polish and dish soap. Uch, I could even taste this funk in my mouth.

ANYTHING GOOD?

It works up a nice lather really fast. Unfortunately that lather reeks, and once it hits your nose, you will be reaching for the nearest body wash to try and rid the room of the stink from this Pinesol Ajax body wash.

It also did not dry out my skin or leave any nasty greasy residue behind, so I guess this would be the only plus.

The greatest thing about this product is that it doesn’t stay on your skin after you dry off. Thank God for that!

SURVEY SAYS…

Aromatherapy my rear!

I thought aromatherapy meant for the senses, to set a mood, not to make you want to jump out of the shower just to get away from the pungent overpowering stench.

I cannot believe Bath & Body Works even has this as part of their inventory. They do though, and there is more; they are selling different scents and different ‘mood enhancers’.

They have scents in the Aromatherapy line that will not only energize you, but there are some that will relieve stress (you’ll probably pass out), help sleep (careful, this one may kill you), and there are scents for sensuality.
They all smell just as bizarre and horrid as the one I had purchased. Ranging from hamster cedar chippings, to Pinesol, to rotting fruits and old dried out herbs.

I personally plan on avoiding them all after making the mistake and allowing myself to so blindly purchase Orange Ginger Energizing Body Wash.
That’s what I get for shopping so carelessly.

RECOMMENDATION: NONE!

*And a word to the wise: If you happen to get this as a gift, do know that it was most likely a re-gift. Do yourself a favor and re-gift the re-gift.

For a more delicious experience in the shower, try out Bath & Body Works Temptation line.

No comments:

Post a Comment