Monday, March 30, 2009

Revlon Colorstay Concealer


Okay I've been there, used that. You name the concealer and I've used it.
While most products I've tried causes that nasty caking (I'm so doused in makeup look), SHINE, and even more breakouts which leads to having to use even more concealer just to hide the breakouts caused by the concealers; and for those with dry skin, concealers can just become a skin dilemma.

Revlon's colorstay concealer has caused me no skin problems whatsoever. My skin type is oily. Usually any type of concealers I've used in the past have caused me to look as if I had a mirror on my forehead.
Until using this product all of those problems have become problems in the past.

Revlon's colorstay Concealer stays on, and stays on well. NO shine! NO SHINE! Probably because it is OIL FREE.
It doesn't feel like your wearing any makeup at all. It blends easily, and quickly with your finger, there is no need for any application pads or special blending brushes.
It stays on my skin for a good 8 hours, without wearing off.
Yes you can touch your face, and yes, even lean it up on that significant others shirt and its not going to budge. (Unless maybe you really mash it in)

Revlon Colorstay Concealer is SPF6, and it comes in 3 colors of
Natural Beige
Sand Beige
Ivory.

I use the Sand Beige even though my skin is slightly lighter than that. This specific color gives me a nice look of a beach tan even though I wasn't really at the beach.

Ive found that the best way to keep the concealer looking its best and most flawless is to lightly dab your face with a shine proof powder or any type of powder, preferably oil free to prevent breakouts.

First apply the Revlon Colorstay Concealer then dab your face lightly with the powder. It gives your face a flawless glow. Especially if you use 'Radiance' shimmer powder.

The one bad thing I've noticed about this concealer is how if you get to close to the eyebrows it will create a line of darker color around the hairline.
It can easily be taken care of with a wipe of warm water or alcohol. But it doesn't make its appearance for about 4 hours into the wear. So a mirror checkup may be necessary.
But it does not dye hair with time. I've used it for months now, and haven't noticed anything strange in my hair color.

All in all this is the best concealer I've ever gotten my hands on. I wouldn't switch brands for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment