Monday, March 30, 2009

Bath and Body Works Tempations Frosting Forever 3 In 1 Body Wash, Bubble Bath and Shampoo


Of course I had to comment on Bath & Body Works Temptations Frosting Forever 3-In-1 Body Wash, Bubble Bath and Shampoo. It is the latest addition to my Temptations obsession.
I have been in heaven with Iced Tea Twist, and not so ‘in heaven’ with Unperfected Peach. Even with the ups and downs, I have a mission; that mission basically means to own them all.

Frosting, vanilla in particular, is one of my favorite scents, and not to mention treats. I barely even had to do a sniff test in the store to know if I wanted it or not. When I did do a fast sniff n’ whiff I smelt the glorious scent of vanilla frosting. Mmm, Mommy like! It reminded me of (obviously) vanilla frosting. It was almost as if vanilla frosting had been melted down and sold to me as soap. Yummy, good enough to eat!

Frosting Forever comes in a 16oz clear plastic bottle with an easy click cap. It runs for exactly $12. You can however purchase this is a 4oz trial sized bottle for $5 or less depending on store sales.

It is a shampoo, a bubble bath, and a body wash all in one. And with all 3 in 1 bath products each of the 3 uses were put to the test.

THE SHAMPOO-

With all of Temptations 3 in 1 bath products, I am usually disappointed after using it as a shampoo.

All of the Temptations used as shampoo usually leave my hair dry, knotty, and unmanageable. Most of the time I have to do a follow up with a deep conditioner just to get my hair feeling moist and alive again.

Frosting Forever did the same thing. Poppie! Not only that but the smell I had recalled in the store had completely changed into something entirely different. The product no longer smelled heavenly, nor was it intoxicating like it had been in the store. It smelt as if it had faded down, and turned into a plastic like vanilla sugar cookie. It sort of reminded me of a fresh opened cabbage path doll. The smell was not horrible, but it definitely was not the smell of frosting. It was however easy to get a nice thick lather going on for my dome piece.

After drying off though, you will not smell any traces of this within your hair. (For me, that was a good thing)

THE BODY WASH-

This is always my main use for 3 in 1 products. I like using them as a body wash and enjoy the aroma that it fills my bathroom with, even if the smell does not linger on my body. It’s a shower experience, not an after body aroma experience. As with all Temptation products, the smell did not remain on my skin after drying off.

I have never had any issues with getting a good lather out of Temptation products, and sure enough I did not have any issues with getting a good bubbly lather from Frosting Forever.

I would say I enjoyed using this because it did make me feel clean after using it, and it did not leave any greasy film or residue behind on my skin, but the fact is, the faint smell of plastic sugar cookies remained.

THE BUBBLE BATH-

I have never had a temptations product ‘not’ produce a nice amount of bubbles. I sort of already knew that Frosting Forever would produce the same amount as my last tests with Temptation products.

Sure enough Frosting Forever produced a nice amount of bubbles, and they lingered for a good 15 to 20 minutes afterwards.

If you have hard water though your bubbles may be less, way less.

The bottle recommends using 2 to 3 capfuls for the bubble bath. I tend to not go by rules on bottles though, and I pour in as little or as much as my heart and nostrils desire.
In this case however, I used just about what was recommended. Like I said, it produced a nice amount of bubbles.

There it was again though, that faded plastic sugary smell.

*I didn’t do the ‘taste test’ like I sometimes do with my bath products that smell too real to be a soap.

Ingredients:

Water, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol stearate, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, cocamide MEA, fragrance, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, sodium chloride, hydrolyzed wheat starch, amodimethicone, glycerin, polyquaternium-7, PEG-12 dimethicone, PEG-150 distearate, hydroxypropyl guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sodium PCA, acrylates copolymer, disodium EDTA, citric acid, benzophenone-4, isopropyl alcohol, propylene glycol, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, benzyl benzoate, citral, limonene, geraniol, linalool, yellow 5, yellow 6.

You may purchase this, and any other Bath and Body Works Temptations products in their stores, or online at www.Bathandbodyworks.com. The prices are the same, unless you have an in store coupon.

OVERALL-

This would have been an okay product, to use as a body wash and for a bubble bath, (skip shampooing with this gunk) however the smell is just not as pleasant as one would expect and want.

Shower time for me is sacred time. It is my 30 minutes of pure bliss, and in order to have the best experience in the shower I have to have a nice scent surrounding me. Not a smell of fake plastic baby dolls coated with mass amounts of sugar!

RECOMMENDATION-

If you like the smell of fake baby dolls mixed with mounds of sugar you may actually enjoy this one. However it’s just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment