Friday, March 27, 2009

LUSH Cosmetics Sexy Peel Soap


Oh my God!

That will be truly what slips from your mouth when you first get a sniff of Lush Sexy Peel soap. Oh my God!

I ordered this one from the website for a bargain compared to the other lush soaps available. Sexy Peel only cost me $4.95 for a 3.5oz bar. That’s a good deal to me.

I was a little hesitant on purchasing this one simply because most lemon scented bath products always smell like furniture polish to me. So I wondered, would Sexy Peel disappoint and smell like Pledge?

PACKAGED:

My bar looked nothing like the one Lush displays online and in their Lush Life newsletters. My bar was a nice almost neon colored yellow, however it looked as if I got a rip off cut, because there were no peels throughout or on top of my soap at all. It was just a yellow slab, a delicious yellow slab that is!

Sexy Peel came wrapped in clear plastic with a deli sticker on it. Supposedly some lucky Lushie’s actually get this sticker filled out with the name of an employee who made their soap and an expiration date. My orders never seem to come with these mini fun facts.

SCENT:

When I first sliced the wrap off of the soap the scent hit me. It was amazing. Not furniture polish like or generic and fake at all.
My Sexy Peel smelled exactly like those candies I enjoyed so much as a child. Lemon drops. Or for the real lemon scent/taste fanatic you will notice that they smell similar to jelly belly’s lemon jellybeans. The scent is mouth wateringly delicious. I wanted to lick my bar, munch on it a little, and say forget about the shower… I’m eatin’ yah!

THE SOAP:

My Sexy Peel soap was very sticky on arrival, and I could tell that when I used this one in the shower it was going to melt fast. I could barely even touch it without it sticking and melting on my fingers.

I immediately cut my soap into sample-sized pieces because that’s all you need. I would not bring the whole bar into the shower because it may melt away pretty quickly. I’d recommend storing the rest in a cool dry place, or better yet, the fridge.

THE SHOWER:

Sexy Peel was a shining star. It filled the bathroom with its citrus fragrance the moment warm water hit it. The lather however was barely there. It produced some suds, but nothing to go crazy over. Most of Lush’s soaps fail in the lather department, but their lovely and sometimes quirky and overpowering scents make up for the loss of bubbles.

As my chunk of soap began to dwindle down (and boy does it dwindle down fast) I felt a slight scratch. There it was a very tiny piece of lemon peel. It fell to the floor pretty fast and really for me, it served no purpose other than to be annoying.

Next I danced around and took in the lovely scent as I rinsed off I sang, ‘Take me to the candy shop’ by Fifty Cent. Hah!

DRY TIME:

I was really wishing Sexy Peel wouldn’t peel off as I dried off. I wanted this scent to stick with me.
It did. I was happy about that. However the scent was so faded that really only I could smell it if I raised my arms to my nose. The scent then faded away to nothing in almost an hour. Oh well.

The ‘in the shower’ experience was well worth it.

MY SKIN:

Sexy Peel really didn’t do anything for it. It didn’t leave my skin dry or itchy, so that was a plus. But it didn’t provide any moisturization like I thought it would. I mean the soap was as soft as a baby’s bottom, so I thought it would leave my skin feeling the same, only it really didn’t.

MY BATHROOM:


Now I said earlier that Sexy Peel’s scent didn’t last long on my skin, but let me tell you, the scent stuck around in my bathroom for hours. Lush forgot to mention that this stuff is a great for making the room smell fantastic. Not only that, but if you take a chunk of it and leave it open on a counter in your bedroom it will fill the room with a lasting scent of lemons.

How fantastic is that, Sexy Peel is a soap and a room fragrance? You can’t beat that for only $4.95!

FORGET JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, LUSH IS WHAT BROUGHT SEXY BACK:

And this is how:

Water (Aqua), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Propylene Glycol, Cornstarch (Zea mays), Lime Peel, Lemon Peel, Grapefruit Peel, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Fresh Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Perfume, Grapefruit Oil (Citrus grandis), Fresh Grapefruit Juice (Citrus grandis), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool,
*Occurs naturally in essenetial oils

OVERALL:

Sexy Peel is a must have for any lemon lover. I myself did not detect anything other than the scent of lemons. I was more than okay with that.
Sexy Peel is great for just the scent, it really doesn’t provide much after that. Again, I’m okay with that.

RECOMMENDATION:

Heck yes, with the *Me Seal of Approval. And **(4)**stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment