Friday, March 27, 2009

Review: Bath and Body Works Pleasures Body Butter

I have never been a fan of lotions, but lately it’s becoming a new must have to add to my growing collection of beauty products.

When it comes to Bath & Body Works lotions. I only buy the ones in scents I already know I like. My collection began with the body creams, and this week I got a coupon that would allow me a free signature collection product with a $10 purchase.

I knew my free product would be coconut lime verbena, but now what to buy?

I looked around hesitantly… got it, got it, have it…hate it... sigh.

Then I came across something that I guess had always skipped my eyes. Body butter.

Now that a strange name for a product. The use of the word butter sort of disgusted me, but when I opened up the ‘try me tester’ jug I was impressed.
It seriously looked like this 5oz plastic tub was filled with none other than butter. Only it didn’t smell like butter. It smelled of wild honeysuckles. Mmmmm...

My senses felt tricked, I could seriously see myself spreading this gunk all over a bagel and enjoying...until the scent hits me, wait… I can’t eat that. But it looks like butter… but it’s not… Ahhhhhhhh….

The tub itself was a generous size for me to be able to scoop some of the butter out and use it. However I didn’t test it first. I should have. I really should have. But I didn’t. It looked so promising in there like a fresh tub of butter untouched with small ripples, as if someone just threw a rock into a still body of water, it looked so thick and moisturizing. I assumed I didn’t need to do an in store test.

So I went up to the counter and I paid $14.00 for it. A little much, but it looked like it would feel like a dream on my skin. Plus I was getting the free body cream, so it wasn’t that bad. Or so I thought…

HOW WAS IT?

Well butter is greasy, butter is slimy, and butter is just yucky, especially if you happen to get a little bit of it on your skin.

That’s exactly what my body butter did. I dipped 2 fingers in at the side not wanting to ruin its beautiful ripple design. It felt like I had just shoved my fingers into a tub of cream cheese. What looks like a tub of butter, feels like a tub of cream cheese. Great, my sense’s are all out of whack now.

I honestly didn’t want to rub it all over my body; the texture itself was not very pleasing. I thought this stuff would be smooth and creamy, and would wipe on as easy as butter. No such luck.

I began with my legs, and the small amount I swiped out barely would even spread around. It sort of stood stuck to the area in which I began and didn’t rub around easily at all. I had to dig into the tub of yuck 3 more times to feel like I had a full cover on one leg.

I then moved on to my next leg and my belly and upper arms.

I waited for the butter to absorb, and it didn’t. This is where I began to feel really icky. The body butter made my whole leg feel like I had dipped it into a vat of greasy lard. I waited some more, and finally I just put my clothes on feeling like a dirty unwashed dirt bag. Great. I feel comfortable now.

The greasy feeling didn’t leave my hands until I washed them with soap and water and scrubbed really vigorously.

You would think that this stuff would make your skin feel hydrated, but it didn’t, it felt greasy and sticky.

This whole body butter experience is not something I would care to repeat.

The smell though was very nice, and it did last for the majority of the day. Honestly though the whole nasty greasy sticky feeling just is not worth it.

If you happen to have a favorite scent from Bath & Body Works buy the perfume spray. It lasts, and won’t leave you feeling gross.

SCENTS-

If there is a scent you like most likely it is available as body butter.

Scents such as tropical passion fruit, sensual amber, magnolia blossom, warm vanilla sugar, coconut lime verbena, exotic coconut, Japanese cherry blossom, white cherry blossom, and many, many more.

RECOMMENDATION:

Honestly none.

I can’t see anyone benefiting from feeling like a giant grease ball for the entire day.

Now don’t get me wrong, there are tons of wonderful Bath & Body Works products that are a total hit. Body butter though is a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment