Friday, March 27, 2009

Lush, Karma Soap


This is one potent son of a gun! I ordered LUSH Karma soap because someone actually recommended I try it.

I was hesitant at first because the lack of positive reviews made me nervous. However, like I have said in my LUSH reviews in the past, I usually like what everyone else dislikes.

Karma soap took me to a place that I usually frequent in my local mall. Not a head shop, but a witch’s shop. Where tarot cards and magic books like the walls. Crystal balls in any size shape and color can be found here, yet there is something else about this little shop that makes it attractive to me. It’s not the beads that line the walls, nor is it the love spells, and revenge spells that the books promise. It’s the scent that lingers through half of the mall. The scent that practically speaks, saying, “Come visit me”. That scent is nag champa.

This is the first initial scent I inhaled when I opened my order from LUSH. I had 3 other soaps in there, but one screamed out above all the rest. “I’m here!”

I was excited, I immediately began cutting the Karma bar into smaller sized pieces because LUSH soaps are prone to melting really fast if you bring the whole bar in the shower with you.

This particular soap was powerful. It was like no other LUSH soap I had ever smelled before. It had that extra zing, and boy did it stink! (But in a good way of course) I cannot deny the nag champa incense scent that this soap gives off, but there is also another subtle hint of herbs in this soap. I was able to detect a faint smell of patchouli and something I just can’t put my finger on. The really is no other way to describe it other than saying, it smells like a witchy type shop. Hehe.

I didn’t even need to shower to have the scent stick with me. The glycerin type soap was a little slimy in texture to me while I was cutting it, and some of the soap stuck to my fingers. Even after washing them off, the scent stood with me for hours. I mean hours! And strong!

HE LIKES IT!

My boyfriend who isn’t too fond of my shower-shopping obsession even likes it. Which is odd because usually he is the one telling me I spend too much money on this hobby. (Yeah he calls it a hobby!) He thinks it smells like a head shop, but me, I smell a witch shop. So to each his own.

HOW IS IT?

Well to be honest I was a little nervous to use this one on my entire body in the shower. After washing my hands with it, I reeked of the scent. I liked it, but I wasn’t too sure if those around me would appreciate it.

I used it on my day off instead. I didn’t want to stink the place up because of my soap.

Karma soap is a deep orange tangerine color, however when you work up lather you will see that it is not going to drip orange and reds all over the place. It’s a clean refreshing bar, and it suds are white, not orange.

However it takes a little arm power to work up lather. But if you keep at it, you get somewhat of a lather going on.

Boy this bar smells though once warm water hits it. It was the most potent shower I have ever had. I have never in my life been so overwhelmed with a scent before. I loved it, but I could definitely see how some people might find this in the shower experience gagful.

Karma soap is an acquired scent. That’s the only way to describe it.

If you never like the smell of witch shops or head shops than I would avoid it completely. However if you enjoy these types of scents, then the Karma soap is a wonderful comforting and warm scent.

DRY TIME:

After drying up I didn’t feel like the soap had done anything for my skin, but leave it stinking wonderfully, it did however make me feel clean so, I was willing to let that slide. Soap with this much POW deserves a little slack.

STINK-O-METER-

This is the great gusto. I was able to smell this soap for more than 24 hours on my skin after using it in the shower. I used it in the morning, and I could still smell it when I went to bed.
When I woke up, there it was again, as strong as ever. I was amazed, however I didn’t like the scent greeting me in the morning. I usually wake up with a groggy stomach, so having this scent overwhelm me, and wake me from my sleep was a bit too much.

WHY DOES IT SMELL LIKE THAT?

Because it contains Propylene Glycol, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Water (Aqua), Glycerine, Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), Lavendin Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Pine Oil (Pinus), Lemongrass Oil (Cymbopogan flexuosus), Elemi Oil (Canarium commune), Sodium Chloride, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), FD&C Red No. 4,

HOW MUCH?

Karma soap sells for $7.60 for a 3.5oz bar. However prices may vary depending on cut in LUSH stores. I would recommend buying at LUSH stores rather than online at www.LUSH.com, the shipping price is ridiculous on the site!

OVERALL

LUSH Karma Soap is by far one of my favorite soaps from Lush. I am ordering this again and again, and I cannot wait to add some more products from LUSH’s Karma collection.

RECOMMENDATION:

I would recommend this only to those who enjoy the incense type scents, and those who wouldn’t mind having the scent linger on them for 24 hours or more. It’s a really powerful soap, and it’s not meant for those with a weak stomach for strong scents.

TIPS-

-You can leave a small cut of this soap on a counter in a room and the room will smell of it for hours even after you remove the soap.

-Leave leftover soap in a cool dry place or in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment