Friday, March 27, 2009

Lush: The Comforter Bubble Bar


My first reaction when I learned about ‘Bubble Bars’ on Lush.com I immediately assumed it was a hard thick bar that would do nothing to my water except melt in it, and maybe make it smell good.

What is a Bubble Bar was my second thought, after reading reviews on it, and Lush’s descriptions on the site and in there magazine Lush Life, I came to learn that a Bubble Bar is a semi solid bar that you crumble underneath running water to create luscious piles of bubbles.

I knew I had to try one, so I choose the biggest one available. A 7oz colossal called The Comforter. The size is what attracted me, and so did the color.

The Comforter Bubble Bar is a lovely deep pink color with swirls of white creating a hypnotizing endless circle pattern throughout the bar. However I was not relying on the picture on the Lush site seeing how so many of their products usually fail to look like what you actually get.

My Comforter Bar however looked just like the picture on www.Lush.com, only much, much bigger, and more rectangular shaped. I knew from the start I did not need to throw the whole bar into the tub, so I cut it into 4 separate pieces and only use one piece. Cutting it was an extremely easy task. The bar was not hard and crunchy, like I was expecting it to be. It was soft to the touch, and felt silky.

The scent reminded me of the Rockstar soap. But in case you have not used Rockstar, the scent of Comforter can be compared to candy and wildflowers in my opinion.

Let's Go Catch Some Bubbles Shall We?

I ran my water and began crumbling Comforter in my hands. The bar crumbled easily and fell to the bottom of the tub. I watched as bubbles began to develop, and sighed when the bubbles did not overflow in my tub like so many others have reported.

I left the bathroom to grab a towel, and when I came back in it was a whole new story. The bar must of needed some time to completely melt, because I had a tub full of bubbles when I returned!

Not cheesy pop in 3 minutes bubbles, I mean a complete bubble fest. For the first time in my life I watched as some mini bubbles that broke from the mother ship floated through the air above the tub. It may have just been 2 baby bubbles in the air, but it was enough to make me smile.

I stepped into the tub, and could feel how smooth and silky The Comforter bar made my water. Not only that, I was able to see that Comforter also turned my water a lovely light pink. I saw the water for about 3 seconds, and then the bubbles completely wrapped me up.

I soaked in my lovely candy scented water, and enjoyed the whole experience. The Comforter bar stands true to its name. It is seriously comforting and relaxing. I enjoyed soaking in my bath for about 20 minutes. I then got out, and bubbles were still present. I actually felt bad saying goodbye, as I watched the remaining bubbles go down the drain and leave foam all around the sides of the tub and drain hole.

Not only was the bath a pleasure, but my skin also felt soft and silky after drying up.

Find Your Comfort Zone:

You can buy The Comforter bar at any local Lush store, or online at www.Lush.com for $8.45. You get 4 uses out of the bar, so it’s really worth it.

Overall Opinion:

Now that’s a bubble bath! I see myself buying Comforter bubble bar for years to come.

Anyone who is sick of taking bubble baths where the bubbles die out in 5 minutes needs to try The Comforter Bubble Bar.

-My original review is also found on epinions

No comments:

Post a Comment