Friday, March 27, 2009

Bath & Body Works Liplicious Lip Gloss


Oh he hates me now. I know. He hates shopping, and he especially hates girly shops. But when you have 2 coupons for free items at Bath & Body Works, you bat your eyes and beg.
You see they only allow you to use one coupon per person, and well, I dragged him along because I’m greedy and wanted to use both coupons in one shot.

LIPLICIOUS

was the name, and free was the game. FUH---REEE!!! I printed up 2 coupons and have a heap more saved up for when I decide to go back into the store to get more before the coupons expire.

I rummaged through all of the available flavors of lip-glosses. They are all tinted a nice fashionable color, so you can choose by tint, or by flavor.

I of course went for Hotcakes, which has always been a favorite. My boyfriend was pretty flustered when he had to go up to the counter and get me Watermelon Sorbet, along with a few lotions I had chosen. Love yah!

Liplicious comes in a .47oz clear tube. Most of them have little sparkles you can easily detect through the clear tube, and some look mate in color. The tube is about 4 inches long, with a side slanted plastic lip applicator head.
The cap itself is a silver color, and the labeling will always say LIPLICIOUS in cursive writing. Next to the logo you will see a small picture of fruit or food, depending on what flavor you pick up.

My Hotcakes for instance is a plum like color with fine pieces of sparkles throughout the tube, not what I was expecting from a flavor called Hotcakes.
Watermelon Sorbet was a bright neon colored pink, with little flecks of glitter throughout the gloss as well.

They smelled delicious, not just the two I got for free, but all of the available flavors were tempting. I only wished I had another friend with me, so I could grab up another one for free.

How Is It?

Delicious actually, thanks for asking!

Hotcakes smells and tastes like hotcakes, and Watermelon Sorbet takes like watermelon. Not fresh watermelon, but this particular gloss reminded me of bubbleicious bubble gum.

You simply squeeze a little out of the pinhead thick hole and apply to your lips. The gloss goes on smoothly and evenly without making my lips feel heavily greased up or sticky.

The Hotcakes lip-gloss left a brownish tint to my lips, and didn’t look like the plum color that was in the tube. It wasn’t a huge brown tint, but it was enough to make it an obvious color. I didn’t mind. It was light, it gave my lips a pretty shine, and I could smell my lips, and they were divine! All I needed was some butter, and breakfast would have been served right there on my lips. Yum.

Watermelon Sorbet gave my lips a much shiner pink tint. I was glad the pink tint wasn’t hot pink like it is in the tube. It was more of a transparent very light pink with tons of sparkle. The flavor however is not my favorite, but it is still yumm-o-licious regardless.

THE DOWNSIDE…

Where there is the smell of yum, and the taste of mmm… there is always a bad side of the moon we must discuss.

The lip-gloss wears off pretty fast. The shine the gloss gives out at first goes away in less than 20 minutes, and the scent dissipates with it as well.

So while you enjoy it for the minutes you have it, it’s great, but it goes away far too fast and leaves a dried out feeling to your lips forcing you to reapply and reapply over and over again. I don’t mind it so much, I’m always reapplying lip products, but it’s a fair warning for those of you out there who hate the constant re-application. (You start to look vain).

Also don’t expect your lips to feel moisturized, that nice feeling also goes away and leaves you feeling dry. Bummer.

Other Flavors:

Cotton Candy, Limeade, Pineapple Juice, Grape Soda, Raspberry Jam, Candied Apple, Peach Daiquiri, Pink Grapefruit, Red Hot Cinnamon, Mango Mousse, Maple Syrup, Frozen Blackberry, and Dipped Strawberry. Sheer and non sheer.

Can I Have Some?

Sure can!

Bath & Body Works stores carry them, or you can purchase it online at www.bathandbodyworks.com for $6. I believe there is a sale going on right now, so you can scoop them up for even less.

Overall:

They smell, and taste fantastic, however they do not do much for the lips after the gloss dries out. It’s pretty useless, but great if you happen to get it for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment