Friday, March 27, 2009

Body Lotion Review: Healing Garden Green Teatheraphy Body Lotion, Soul Soothing


I don’t buy lotions for moisturizing or hydration or any of that other good softening hooey, even though most lotions I buy work well in that department, I buy them simply for the smell.

If it smells good, I buy it. There is no science; it’s as simple as that.
If I happen to stumble upon a lotion that smells good, it comes home with me. End of story!

This is exactly what happened with The Healing Garden Green Teatheraphy Body Lotion Soul Soothing. I have always been fond of green tea scents ever since I bought a perfume by Elizabeth Arden.

This lotion smelled similar, so I chucked it in my wagon and went on my way.

I had the option to go with a smaller 1.85oz tube for $3.99 or it’s big brother the 7oz tube for $5.99. I went with the larger of the two of course. Even though now thinking about it, the smaller one would have been fine.
The lotion is a creamy pale green in color and it is inside of a frosty see through tube. So it is easy to see when you are out of lotion, or when you need to restock.

It has an easy to use pop up cap.

HERE IS WHAT THE SITE SAYS ABOUT IT’S GREEN TEATHERAPY LINE:

There is no path without a destination. With Asian sandalwood, peony petals and everlasting, relax therapy green tea provides the way to a calming retreat for the soul. Come to a radiant place of quiet inspiration.

HOW DOES IT SMELL?:

Well there really is a simple way to put this. It smells like green tea. Now for those of you whom are confused, how can I compare this to a scent you may know?

Ever have a green tea Arizona iced tea, and that first initial smell that escapes the bottle when you pop it open? Well that’s what this lotion smells like.

It smells like a cup of green tea with some a small drip of sweet honey mixed in. I don’t detect any sandalwood in here at all. The smell is not strong; it’s actually soft and light, but easily detected.

HOW IS IT?

I popped open my top and began to squeeeeeeeeze, and nothing came out, so I squeezed some more, and grrrr… wait, what is that!?

Figures, the company forgot to pop a hole in my tube so no lotion can escape! Dang it!

So now, my easy to use pop up cap is now a screw on screw off cap. Great! I don’t know why this little issue bothers me so much, but it does. I liked the convenient easy to use cap, and they took it all away! Hmph!

Anyhow the lotion itself was not too thick or too runny. It was a perfect balance of the two for a nice mess free lotion, and the smell was actually calming. I wouldn’t say it did the whole restore on my soul like the bottle claimed, but it was calming.

GREASY?

I thought the lotion would leave my skin and hands feeling greasy, but it did not. Not even while applying it. It absorbed quickly into my skin and dried very fast. All that was left was nice smooth heavenly scented skin.

I don’t know whether or not it provided a ton of moisturizing, but it did offer some. My legs and skin felt re-hydrated, but not for too long.

When it comes to lotions, like I mentioned earlier, I only buy them for scent, I never rely on nice smelling lotions to give wonderful moisturizing results.

The scent lasted on my skin for the majority of the day. It does provide aromatherapy as it did put me in a calm and relaxing mood.

I would recommend using it all over your body before a long day at work.

WHERE CAN I FIND IT?

Well I bought mine at Walmart, and usually Walmart prices are the best you’re going to find, so that would be my recommended store for purchase.

There are other products in the Green Teatherapy line such as body wash, body mist, candles, and more. Check them out at WWW.healinggarden.com

WHAT’S IN IT?

Water, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance, Arachidyl Propionate, Mineral Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 60, Carbomer, Dimethicone, DMDM Hydantoin, Benzophenone 4, Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Myristic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Helichrysum Arenarium Extract, Paeonia Albiflora Flower Extract, Santalum Album Wood Extract (Sandalwood), FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Green #5

RECOMMENDATION:

Anyone who enjoys products for there scents that last, and not so much for the moisturizing properties.
The smell is lovely and it will leave your skin feeling nice and soft after long-term use.

No comments:

Post a Comment