Friday, March 27, 2009

Bath and Body Works Signature Collection Volumizing Shampoo Coconut Lime Verbena


Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Voluimzing Shampoo is for the most part the main reason for my bi-weekly visits to the store.

Coconut Lime Verbena in particular is my favorite scent in the signature line of scented products, and I have been using it for quite a few months now.

Before this discovery at Bath & Body Works I used to just use whatever sounded good at Walmart for my hair type.

And I have thick hair!
Why on earth would I want to use a volumizing shampoo?

Well it’s simple really; I’m in love with the scent, and every time I try to purchase this in the moisturizing formula it is sold out. So I am willing to sacrifice for scent.

COST AND PACKAGING:

Coconut Lime Verbena Volumizing Shampoo comes in a clear transparent bottle with 12oz of coconut lime shampoo. The shampoo itself is a transparent green, with an easy to use click up and down top.

I usually spend $10 for 2 of them, as the sale lately seems to never end. However if and when the sale does end the bottle will cost you $7.50. Believe me it’s worth the price. This stuff works better than the garbage they try getting you to buy in salons.

WHERE TO FIND IT?

As of now I see that this product is only available at bath and body works stores. The sister conditioner is available online, but the shampoo is not. I’m assuming this may be a discontinued scent.

HOW IS IT?

Every time I use it I begin singing the lime in the coke yah nut song in the shower and it puts me in a happy mood, and it certainly does poof up your hair, and it’s really supposed to be used on those with fine thin hair looking for a little oomph.

With my thick hair, my oomph went from thick to massive thick. I wasn’t thrilled with the results, and I had to spend more time straightening my hair afterwards.

It does do its job though, so I honestly cannot complain about it or take away points on my rating for it doing its job. The second time I used this I followed up with a relaxing conditioner afterwards to give my thick hair some balance.

I am able to work up a nice thick lather with just a quarter-sized amount of shampoo, and it smells so good!
A nice scent of coconut and a little hint of lime create a wonderful fragrance all throughout the bathroom.

What I love best is how the coconut smells like coconut and not like some greasy tanning lotion that people overuse at the beach.
There is nothing I hate worse than smelling bath products with coconut names that smell like tanning (burning) sweaty skin. Ech!

After using the shampoo I was surprised at how easily I could run my hands through my hair. Usually my hair always becomes unruly and knotty after using any shampoo, and I am practically rushing to use a deep conditioner. But with this, even with its volumizing effects I was able to run my hands through my hair
.
I then applied it’s sister conditioner and went on my way.

STINK-O-METER-

This is why I keep on keepin’ on.

Coconut Lime Verbena’s scent lasted in my hair for almost 2 days. I could smell it all over my pillow the next day, I could smell it in my hair, and I was getting hints of the scent when I moved about. I was in hair heaven. I don’t usually have scented shampoos and conditioners ever stay with me. Usually they dry up and vanish when I blow dry or straighten.

(Speaking of drying up, after using this my hair is thick, yes, but it’s not knotty or unmanageable. My hair does not feel dried out or frizzy. It just feels puffy; if I had thin hair this puffy feeling would be more than welcome. It does however feel clean and smooth, and I like that.)

This particular scent stays and stays strong. I really couldn’t ask for more.
(Wait yes I could… how about stocking up on the moisturizing formula Bath & Body Works!?)

RECOMMENDATION:

I would recommend this one to those with thin hair and thick hair as well.
Those with thin hair will be very pleased with the volumizing results as well as the scent.

Those of us with thick hair will be pleased with how manageable your hair is, and the wonderful scent that stays with you all day long (or longer).

TIPS-

For a wonderfully scented hair experience those with thinner hair should follow up with Coconut Lime Verbena volumizing conditioner.

For those with thick hair like me follow up with coconut lime verbena moisturizing conditioner

No comments:

Post a Comment