Friday, March 27, 2009

Philosophy Red Delicious Apple Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath


I had been waiting to get hold of something from Philosophy, anything really, and when my cousin got me a huge collection from the line I was excited as heck to try them all out.

My first victim I knew would be Red Delicious Apple. When I first took a sniff test it reminded me immediately of Bath & Body Works Alluring Apple.

I was sort of disappointed when I noted they were so very similar that I wondered if they would work the same, and also thought that they contained the same ingredients. I don’t know who copied whom, but they smell like twins.

The bottle itself is white, and has a picture of a red delicious apple on it. The bottle is actually pretty enough to want to save even after the product is gone. However this wouldn’t fly well with my boyfriend. I’m known for hoarding things.
Anyhow on top is a black easy to use click up cap. The bottle itself contains 16oz of salmon maroon like colored gel.

Red Delicious Apple is a 3 in 1 product. A shampoo, bubble bath, and body wash.

Used as a Bubble Bath:

I have found that I have been successful with 3 in one products when it comes to bubble baths. I squeezed out a decent sized amount; probably equivalent to a handful, into the tub and let the water run.

The bubbles began to develop almost immediately; however once the tub was filled, the bubbles were barely even there anymore, and what I had left only lasted for a few minutes afterwards.

Body Wash:

This is usually my main use for 3 in 1 products. I applied a small dab to my shower pouf and began rubbing it all about. The lather was bubbly and luscious. However the scent was all too obvious. It smelled similar to many apple shower products I had used before, and the scent was not as strong and mouth wateringly realistic like my Alluring Apple is.

After drying up, I couldn’t even detect the scent on me. This was expected though, and really what matters is the ‘in the shower’ experience. For me though, the in the shower experience was nothing to go nuts over. I also didn’t notice any added moisturization. My skin felt the same coming out, as it did going in.

Shampoo:

I was afraid to use this as a shampoo because many 3 in 1 products leave my hair feeling parched afterwards.

Seeing how I didn’t really have much of a choice, it was this or cheap dollar store white rain that my mom left in there. I went with the Philosophy.

I used about a half a handful of product and found that I needed to use more afterwards. It made a thick lather. Don’t get me wrong it was still a great lather, but I have very long hair, so for us thick/long haired chicks, we have to use more.

I was happy that using this as a shampoo made my hair feel a little moisturized. It was nothing huge, but enough to make me realize that it was much better as a shampoo than my Alluring Apple was.

After drying up though, I noticed that my hair still felt dry and parched, but not nearly as bad as other 3 in 1’s have done.
I could not smell it though in my hair though, even letting it towel dry left no traces of the scent.

Pricing:

I usually won’t ask someone how much something costs when they buy it for me as a gift. That’d be pretty rude. However after doing some online hunting I was able to locate this online at the Philosophy site for $16.00 for the 16oz bottle.

Overall:

I liked it, but really I only liked it as a shampoo most of all. It was for me, just an o.k. bath product. I’m glad it was a gift, because I would have been pretty angry if I spent my own money on this one. I probably wouldn’t buy this particular scent/product again. It lacked.
-My review also on Epi

No comments:

Post a Comment