Friday, March 27, 2009

Bath and Body Works Signature Collection Moisturizing Conditioner Pink Grapefruit


Ahhh, summer is right around the corner, I can feel it in the air, I can feel it all around, and most of all I can feel it in my hair. I can smell it too.

Yeah, try not to get too jealous of me. I smell so good sometimes even I can’t resist myself. Hah!

But anyways, on a more serious note, Bath & Body Works has become a passion for me; there is nothing more I look forward to than to come home and soak in my tub after a day at work.

What’s waiting for me?
Tons of things actually, bath bombs, shower gels, and bath salts, the whole nine.
But while my body gets the works, my hair thirsts for treatment too.

I have thick hair, and occasionally thick wavy hair screams out for some moisture. My hair gets dry easily, and before meeting up with Bath & Body Works moisturizing conditioners I had been on a never-ending quest in trying out and hating hair products.

The signature collection has come to the rescue. I initially fell in love with the signature collection shampoos and conditioners one sweet day when I decided to buy 2 of them on a whim. A shampoo and a conditioner both of them were coconut lime verbena. The rest is history.

However my nostrils got bored with this scent. I wanted to try something new. Pink Grapefruit was the last scent on earth I would think I’d like.
With a 2 for $10 sale, I figured I might as well stock up in everything available. This is why Pink Grapefruit came home with me.

MY EXPERIENCE:

In the shower I first used Pink Grapefruit moisturizing shampoo. I always like the tag team, even though it’s not necessary.

Next the conditioner, it smells exactly like the shampoo. Delicious. I’m not even exaggerating when I say this conditioner smells just like someone magically transformed an actual pink grapefruit into a creamy white conditioner, and bottled it up. It’s really a genuine scent, and true to its name.

When I first squeezed some of the conditioner out of the easy to use click up cap I knew that this stuff was going to be good. It was creamy and luscious, and just nice feeling on my hand. Shoot it wasn’t even in m hair yet and I could tell it was going to do wonders.

Usually after I shampoo with anything, my hair is dry feeling and unmanageable, but with 2 quarter sized swoops of this in my hair; my hair suddenly began to untangled and become manageable again.

I let it sit in my hair for a good 3 minutes while I washed my body with some LUSH.


After washing it out of my hair I could immediately feel how soft and manageable my hair had become.

But I had to wait for it to dry to really get the full picture of how wonderful this conditioner was.

So time goes by… so slowly…and my hair begins to dry. I have my usual frizzes (it comes with the package for being born with a thick hair- dang genetics!), but I could truly see and feel a difference in my hair. It felt like it had gotten a nice long moisturizing treatment, when really it was only in my hair for 3 minutes.

After my hair completely dried, I was hooked. I am forever a signature collections conditioner client.

What was the best for me though was not the look or feel of my hair, but the scent that lingered in my hair for almost 2 days was wonderful. Summer surrounds me even on gloomy days. I’m in hair bliss; I am the hair God… envy me.

WHERE’S IT AT?

You can purchase this 12 ounce bottle at any Bath & Body Works store or online at www.bathandbodyworks.com for $7.50. However there seems to be a never-ending 2 for $10 sale going on with these bad boys. Get em’ while you can!

WHAT BATH & BODY WORKS SAYS:

Experience the tantalizing fragrance of ripe pink grapefruit plucked from the tree.
Domestic.

-For dry, damaged or color-treated hair (Yes, yes, that’s me!)
-Maximize your pampering experience with this superior moisturizing conditioner, available in our most popular Signature Collection scents (I wouldn’t call it “most” popular)
-Nourishing, pH-balanced formula seals moisture into each strand (Oh my!)
-Helps protect dry, color-treated or damaged hair against future damage (Yes it does)
-Leaves hair smoother and shinier (I can agree with that!)

OVERALL SATISFACTION:

Hmm this is tough…No its not!

Overall satisfaction would be a freakin’ 100%.

There honestly is not a bad thing I could say about this one, except that maybe the price is a bit much. But when you are getting salon like effects, the price is actually a steal if you think about it.

RECOMMENDATION:

Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Moisturizing Conditioner-Pink Grapefruit is great for anyone. I’m not a fan of grapefruit and I love it. The scent is subtle yet detectable by those you walk by. It leaves hair soft, manageable, shiny and moisturized.
That’s pretty much all I ever ask for out of a conditioner. Then they go and throw in that lovely scent… a 100% "yes" recommendation from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment