Friday, March 27, 2009

Lush Ooh La La Soap


I got a small cut of soap as a free sample with my last order from LUSH. It looked pretty all wrapped up in plastic with the small deli sticker on it. It read Ooh La La.

It was a deep purple in color, and is glycerin type soap.

I opened it up and smelled it, and it wasn’t too bad. It did however remind me slightly of LUSH’s Karma soap. As a matter of fact most of the soaps I got from LUSH reminded me of the Karma soap. I don’t know if the Karma soap threw off the scents of the other soaps, seeing how they were all shipped in the same box, but that was the scent I smelled in Ooh La La.

My initial reaction was, ooh I like it. Now lets try it.

IN THE SHOWER:

I knew that this small sample piece would only last for one shower, so if I liked it, I was going to have to order it. A cheap bar of soap would last quite a few showers if cut this small. LUSH soaps however have a tendency to melt pretty fast, so if you do order any LUSH soap, it’s recommended to cut it up into sample-sized pieces. Really that is all you need.

Anyways, I began rubbing Ooh La La all over my body, and I watched as the soap began to create small purple suds all over me, dripping to the floor. This soap was pretty messy, but it washed off without staining.

The purple colored suds and drips on the shower floor though were the least of my worries.

Ahhh---Choooooooo!!!

Suddenly the scent hit me. I was appalled. It smelt just like I was rubbing chili all over my body, and pepper, lots and lots of pepper! This was the first time I have been all out sickened by a scent in the shower. Now don’t get me wrong, there are some pretty nasty stinking bath products out there, but Ooh La La takes the trophy.

Why would LUSH do this to me? Why would they send me a sample of chili powder and pepper-scented soap? How disgusting!

Not only that but my bar felt slightly gritty. As I washed with it, I actually got the full feeling of washing with pepper. There were small scratchy grains of something in it. I imagined it was grains of pepper.

I immediately grabbed a bottle of Bath & Body Works body wash to get the horrible stink off of me. I definitely did not want to reek of a giant walking bowl of chili for the rest of the day.

I let the rest of Ooh La La fall to the floor and disappear down the drain. I honestly feel bad for anyone who may of spent money on this one.

DRY TIME:

I felt slightly cleaner after covering the horrible stink with my body wash. If I hadn’t used the body wash I would have stepped out of the shower feeling dirty and grimy, and most likely sneezing from the overpowering pepper smell.

My body did not feel 100% clean though, even after using my favorite wash. I still felt dirty, and I could still smell the disgusting chili powder smell. I used lotion and perfume to get rid of the last remaining stink buds that stuck to my body.

WHAT LUSH SAYS: (With my feelings cut in between)

A soap so deliciously (spicy) overflowing with (messy) grape juice (and pepper), lavender (where?), rosemary and thyme (and chili beef) it becomes a Provencal (and nasty) feast for the senses. Just one wash (if you can bear it) with this soap and you'll (run out of the shower) be transported (and sneezing) to a sun-drenched café (of dried out peppers) in the Mediterranean. C'est magnifique. (ECH!)

There, that makes more sense now. That fits the description about right. Haha! Take that! LUSH the liar!

WHAT STINKS?

Ingredients: Sodium Palm Kernelate, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua), Lavender Infusion (Lavendula hybrida), Honeysuckle Infusion (Lonicera capifolium), Marigold Infusion (Calendula officinalis), Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Grape Juice (Vitis vinifera), Perfume, Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Thyme Oil (Thymus vulgaris), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Lavender Absolute (Lavendula hybrida), Sodium Chloride, Glycerine, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, D&C Red No. 33, FD&C Blue No. 1, Lavender Sprigs (Lavendula hybrida), Rosebuds (Rosa centifolia),

IF YOU DARE TO TRY IT:

You can buy Ooh La La at any LUSH stores, or online for (gag!) $8.55 for a 3.5 oz bar. Slap on $8.26 shipping and it becomes almost a $17 bar of soap. I mean chili goop. What a rip off. Where do they come up with these prices!? Why is this particular soap so expensive? It’s by far the worst one I have ever tortured my nostrils with!

RECOMMENDATION:

None.

I honestly don’t know who would enjoy washing themselves with a bar of soap with an overpowering scent of chili pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment