Friday, March 27, 2009

Lush, Honey I Washed the Kids Soap Review


I had to try this one, and honestly I don’t know why I did not order it the first time around. I guess I was hoping LUSH would read my mind and send me a sample of Honey I Washed The Kids. I guess they’re not mind readers though because I never got it. So I had to buy my own. I was bummed about that, because I had no idea what I was buying, and all I had to go on was reviews from other Lushies.
The price was a bit high for only 3.5oz of soap. So it better be good at $7.75! This was one of Lush’s best sellers and the price of course reflected. Supply and demand. Grrr!

PACKAGED:

My soap came in a cute official LUSH box all wrapped up in a clear deli like wrap, with a deli sticker on it. This is already my THIRD order from LUSH and I have still yet to receive this elusive deli sticker actually filled out. Some very lucky lotto LUSH winners have gotten bars with names of employees who made their soaps, and an expiration date. So far none of mine have come with this. I feel like I’m missing out on the full experience, but whatever. I guess they have a bunch of lazy employees.

THE SOAP:

Lush soaps are cut from a huge block of soap. A pretty neat concept, until you get a bad cut.
I got an end cut again. Man! I’m sick of end cuts they’re always misshaped.
You see usually I cut my LUSH soaps into sample-sized pieces because they melt to quickly, and I can save the rest in the refrigerator. However every time I get an end cut I end up with jagged little sample pieces, which are just annoying.

Honey I Washed The Kids is almost the exact same color as a whether’s original suck candy. It is a light creamy brown. It reminded me of how I like my coffee. Extra light and extra sweet.
On the side, or top, (I guess it depends on your cut) is a glycerin soap, which on the site looks like honeycomb. Mine however was just an amber colored extremely thin layer that was on the side. When I tired to cut my soap into sample pieces the ‘beeswax or honeycomb’ fell off.

SCENT:

Whether originals all the way! This soap to me smelled nothing like honey at all. What I smelled was toffee, creamy caramel, and a hint of pecan? They really need to change this ones name.
Although I was disappointed with the ‘beeswax’, and my odd shaped cut, I wad happy that it smelled so delicious. The scent was strong, and after using it, I hoped it would last on my skin.

HOW IS IT?

In the shower Honey I Washed The Kids made the best lather I have ever gotten from a LUSH soap. It wasn’t a huge mass of suds, but it was not bad either.

The smell was present, and it filled my shower with its sweet creamy caramel like scent.
It washed off easily, and left no sticky residue behind.

DRY TIME

After drying off I was hoping traces of the soaps scent would be left with me. However it was a sad day when I noticed not even a subtle little hint of it. The sweet toffee smell was gone with the drain.

Not only that I didn’t notice any moisturization to my skin, and my skin was no softer getting in, than it was getting out.


Honey I Washed The Kids would have been an excellent soap if the smell had stayed with me. That’s all I’m ever really after when it comes to bath products anyway. Scent!

OVERALL:

I am addicted to the scent this bar gives off while I am taking a shower; I just wished it would of stuck around a little longer. Most LUSH soaps I used in the past were strong, overpowering, and stuck around for quite awhile. Honey I Washed The Kids however goes away the moment I dried off.

I would purchase this one again regardless though, simply because I enjoy the scent so much while I’m in the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment