Friday, March 27, 2009

Softsoap Pomegranate & Mango Moisturizing Body Wash


I have never smelled a pomegranate. I think that is a good thing, because I can describe this ones scent to those of you who have also never smelled one either.

First and foremost I will say that it is not usual for me to buy a bath product at Eckerd’s, but when I saw this stylish bottle staring me down called soft soap in pomegranate and Mango, the wash itself was a light maroon color, with odd floating beads inside.

The bottle itself is an odd oval like shape with a built in click top lid, with a gorgeous picture on the cover of the fruit.

I had to scoop it up and figure out what it was all about.

Ah ha, the cute purplish white floating beads throughout the bottle of body wash is moisture beads! Wow! I clicked open the top and took in a whiff… it smelled fantastic! It was fruity, oh yeah fruity!

It reminded me of fresh cherries with a hint of tangerine/grapefruit, and the mango scent was very subtle yet apparent.

I couldn’t wait to get home and give it a try. At only $4.99 I felt like I was getting a bargain. Usually my body washes run me around $15 a bottle. And for a decent amount too, at 18oz I felt like I was getting the deal of a lifetime.

Where To Buy?

I found my bottle at Eckerd’s, but it can also be found in grocery stores, other drug stores, and Target. I’m sure they carry it in WalMart as well.

Use:

I squeezed out a quarter sized amount into my pouf, and the lovely smell hit my nose, as I began to run the gel into my skin I could smell the sweet fragrance filling up the entire room, and I hoped it would last like my Lush products do. The bottle itself claims to be gentle enough to use as a shave gel. I guess though that you would have to test it out for yourself to know whether or not that is true.

The lather was moisturizing and silky. I liked it, I actually liked it! I honestly had doubted it, seeing how it was cheap, and made from a company I had never heard of before. I have used many, many different body washes, but the moisturizing lather I got from soft soap left the others in the dirt when it came to the silky feeling I got from pomegranate mango body wash.

I actually had a hard time rinsing all of the left over soap off of my pouf. I was covered in suds within just a few moments of rubbing back and forth, and the smell, the glorious smell. I was actually thinking of drying off quickly and purchasing the rest of the available scents.

Dry Time:

I was really hoping the scent would last on my skin after I dried off, I honestly thought it would too after the luscious thick lather I got from it in the shower. I was able to smell it slightly for about 10 minutes afterwards, but it dissipated into nothing after that.

Not only that my skin also felt the same. I truly thought I would feel moisturized afterwards, but the product failed in this department. I’m guessing the pretty moisture beads are stuck in the bottle for show.

Overall:

Now after all of that is said and done, I most likely will still continue to buy it, even though it provides nothing for my skin afterwards, I enjoy the rich silky lather, and lovely scent it gives off in the shower. I don’t really have an issue with dry skin on my legs or body, so the scent is really all I am ever after.

I’ve gotten the same result from $20 bottles of shower wash, so for this one to be only $5, it’s a star in my eyes.

I’d recommend it to anyone who likes a fruity scented IN shower experience, because after that this wash is pretty much useless when it comes to hydration.

No comments:

Post a Comment