Thursday, July 31, 2014

4c Totally Light Tea 2 Go - Which Flavor is the Best? How Are They?

I've been on a diet since Spring. But with new diets comes new lifestyle changes, eating habits, exercise habits, they all have to change in order for me to see a change.
One thing I knew I needed to do was change my drinking habits. Before my diet I drank far too much soda, and high carbonated juices that I 'thought' were good for me, but were just as bad as drinking soda. In some cases these high carb drinks were worse. I knew I needed to start drinking water, 8 glasses a day or more. But um...I really can't stomach water. Especially early in the morning, something about it just turns my stomach and will actually cause me to gag. Unless the water is nearly freezing cold, I have a hard time drinking it. I know weird, but I'm sure there are plenty of folks out there who know what I'm talking about.
When someone at work recommended Crystal light packs I took interest and bought a few of them. Once I tried them though, I didn't quite like them. They for one, were way to overpowering with the taste of equal, and left a sweet after taste that I didn't like.
One my next trip to the grocery store, I cam across packaged powders made by 4c called Totally Light tea 2 go. There were a few flavors, and the first one I tried was lemon favored tea. It came in a pack of 20 and ran me $5.97.
It was a bit high, but I was getting a lot, so I didn't mind.
USE:
You are to add one package to a large bottle of water. I put my whole pack in a large carry along beach bottle. I find that a 24 ounce travel bottle seems to balance out the water and powder perfectly, so your tea is not too strong.
I mixed mine in a standard bottle of water first, and it was way too potent, so 24 ounces or larger will work perfectly.
Once you pour the package into your bottle, just shake it up a bit. Make sure all of the powder is mixed in and no clumps are left on the bottom.
THE TASTE:
It was good! I was surprised, I was expecting it to taste like a mock up of Crystal Light powders. But it was like a really mild snapple iced tea lemon. It was easy to finish the entire 24 ounces in about an hour, without feeling sick.
I went back to the supermarket to pick up the rest of the flavors. So I figured I may as well share y findings with anyone interested.
Raspberry tea 2 go was also enjoyable. It again reminded me of a mild raspberry snapple. It's a flavor I run out of quite often.
Green Tea Antioxidant was probably a flavor I'd avoid again. I bought this in a 10 pack because I had a feeling I would not like it, and sure enough I didn't. You really have to be a green tea drinker to accept this flavor. It for me though was too bland and tasted way too leafy to be enjoyed as a drink.
Fruit Punch is lighter than Crystal lights, and that is a good thing. It is not over powering, nor does it taste like equal. It's one of my favorites. It does however stain your lips. So be careful if you plan on drinking this one at work.
Totally Light tea 2 go has recently added pink lemonade which is a bit too sweet for my palette. I like it, but can only use one half of the packet in one 24 ounce bottle. The other half in the packet has to be used quickly or is gets hard and you cannot use it.
Wild Berry is just okay for me, ad drinking an entire 24 ounce bottle of water with this flavor added can sometimes be nauseating for me. The main flavor though is blackberry and raspberry. Not a favorite fruit of mine, so this could be the adding factor as to why I do not fancy it much.
Apple Juice is good! But you really have to be in the mood for this flavor. It does taste like apple juice, but its a mild subtle apple flavor. You have to sort of squish your tongue around to taste the 'apple'. It's good yes, but like I said not a flavor I could drink every day.
Morning Orange is a new flavor I have read about, but have yet to get lucky enough to come across is. I imagine though it will taste like a subtle Tang. I cannot wait to get my hands on this one!
Lemonade is like pink lemonade, its bitter and sweet and just a bit too tingly for me to enjoy on a daily basis. It's great only when you add half the package. If you add more than that, the drink becomes too tart.
Wildberry/Pomegranate is a flavor I preferred to stay away from simply because I have no idea what a pomegranate tastes like, and by the looks of the box cover I was in no rush to try it.
Tea 2 Go has added in new energy packets. They come in a blue berry flavor, and a lime green citrus flavor. I have yet to try either because the flavors sort of urk me.
They also have naturally decaffeinated sugar free for diabetics. I have yet to try this one, but I am sure it will be just as enjoyable as the rest from 4c.
OVERALL:
4c Totally Light Tea 2 Go is a definite diet saver. I am now getting the right amount of water I need in my body everyday to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I have more than enough flavors to choose from, and for the most part the flavors are all enjoyable, and I am not even aware I am doing something good for myself.
However with every flavor there is always a best. For me, I feel that regular Lemon Iced Tea is best. I could drink this one everyday. The other flavors are good, but you honestly have to be in the mood to want to drink them. You want a flavor that you can drink everyday withouth getting sick of it, hands down it goes to Lemon Iced Tea.
RECOMMENDATION:
Anyone, dieters or non dieters. These packets are also great for those who can't stomach drinking water!
INGREDIENTS TAKEN FROM LEMON ICED TEA:
INSTANT TEA, CITRIC ACID, MALTODEXTRIN, ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), GUM ARABIC, CARAMEL COLOR, SUCRALOSE (NON-NUTRITIVE SWEETENER), NATURAL LEMON FLAVOR, ARTIFICIAL COLOR (FD&C RED 40).
0 fat, 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 sodium, 0 sugar, 0 fiber, 0 protein. It's like the big zero drink. Some drinks contain 9mg of caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment