Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Philosophy Apple 3 in 1 Bath Product

I've had ups and downs when it comes to Philosophy's 3 in 1 bath products. I either love it, can do without it, or hate it. They have been selling their new fruit scents for quite some time now, and I have tried them all; compliments of my cousin; thank you very much.
Red delicious apples have always been my favorite. My favorite treat, and one of my favorite scents to use in the shower. When she included this in my gift basket I was more than happy, I was ready to just jet into the bathroom, strip, and start applying.
Instead I opened it and took a whiff of the scent. It smelled very, very similar to Bath & Body Works Alluring Apple from the Temptations line. I love that scent, but how wasteful of two companies to be producing the same exact scent to the very tee. It sort of annoyed me, but at the same time, I was glad because I was almost out.
The bottle was an attractive solid white, with a picture of a real apple on it. The slogan read, 'An apple a day, keeps the blues away'. I found it cheesy, but cute at the same time. The cap was an easy to use click up cap, but it proved to be difficult to snap up at times.
Philosophy's Apple when used as a bubble bath:
I poured in about 4 to 5 cap fulls under hot running water. I knew what would happen though, a cheap lifeless stream of pathetic bubbles would form, and pop out in a few minutes. All of Philosophy's 3 in 1 products suck royally when used for bubble baths. It's actually pretty sleazy of them to say you can use this as a bubble bath, when in reality all you are doing is pouring your gel down the drain. Wasted!
The bath water smelled like apples, but it was coated with that famous clay like chemically stink I know all too well when it comes to Philosophy's bathing products.
How was it as shampoo?
Philosophy's 3 in 1's always work like a charm for me. The lather is thick, silky, and creamy. It feels moisturizing and I actually enjoy their products for shampoo more than anything else.
Apple by Philosophy smelled just like Alluring apple, but the lather and moisturization was much, much better. It does however leave your hair feeling dry once you rinse it out. Like all shampoos though, you have to follow up with a conditioner. I can't stress it enough, and I'm sick of hearing people moan about how parched and hay like it makes their hair!
I can't see how, so long as you're using conditioner, just like you should be anyway your hair will be fine.
Once my hair dried off, I couldn't detect the apple scent though, so it was a tad bit disappointing. Usually with Philosophy's 3 in 1's I can always detect a subtle light scent left behind. This was not the case with Apple.
And how would you judge this as body wash?
Disappointing! I used about a quarter sized drop on my bath puff, and went rubbing away. The lather was nice. Like the shampoo, moisturizing, silky and creamy feeling on my body. However the scent was all too familiar, and after drying off my skin felt the same as it ever had. This added no extra moisturization to my skin, nor did it leave a scent behind.
Overall:
A bust, a big messy pile of apple sauce. It seemed to fail in all departments. It was a terrible bubble bath, an okay but unscented shampoo, and an invisible body wash. Sigh. Seriously folks, your better of getting Alluring Apple at BBW for $12 for 16oz.
Philosophy's Apple will cost you $16 for 16oz, and does not work as nicely as Alluring Apple does.
Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), TEA Lauryl Sulfate, PPG 2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Cocamido Propyl Betaine, Glycol Stearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Fragrance (Parfum), Polyquaternium 7, PEG 150 Distearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butyl phenol Sulfonate, Buteth 3, Tributyl Citrate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Propylene Glycol, Red 40 (CI 16035), Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), blue1 (CI 42090)

No comments:

Post a Comment