Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Lush Ne Worry Pas Bath Bomb

I have always liked Lush for their bathing products, soaps and bath bombs in particular. However their bath bombs tend to be a bit over priced, and for the most part bath bombs I have run into on the Internet are usually bigger, smell better, and are half price compared to Lush's home made ones.
A few months ago I bought Ne Worry Pas simply because epinions was flooded with negative reviews on the bomb. Usually when the gals at epinions hated something from Lush, I found that I actually enjoyed it. Strange I know, but for me, their negative reviews usually ended up as good ones for me. Go figure.
Ne Worry Pas on the Lush site is a white bomb with a blue dip of some sort in the middle. I imagined it was some sort of cooling gel, but after reading a few of the reviews on the official Lush site, it turned out that a lot of people didn't know what the hell the mystery blue ick was. This is why I bought the bomb for the most part. I wanted to get a sniff of the mystery blue goo.
However after placing my order, I began to throughly read the rest of the reviews. It turned out a few people were upset at Lush for using Limonene as an ingredient in this bomb. After researching the term, I found that it is actually a n ingredient used in cleaning solvents. I did a bit of research on this ingredient on wiki, and on other various sites where I learned that this ingredient could cause skin irritation, respiratory irritation, and eye irritation. It could also be harmful if swallowed.
Great, in my mind I had just ordered a toxic bomb. I was hesitant to even use it now, and wondered if Lush would give me a refund. I was pissed that Lush did not include this bit of important information, and only included a * next to the ingredient name. So does this mean that every ingredient where Lush uses a * it is harmful? Is this a company I could even trust in the future!?
Read about it here: http://physchem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/LI/limonene.html
I had just spent $5.25 on a 6.3 ounce bomb. Add $8.20 for shipping and what I have now is a very expensive toxic bath bomb. Great!
The Ne Worry Pas bomb came in about 2 weeks in a usual Lush UPS box. I opened it up and brought the bomb to my nose. Immediately I smelled chemical. It may not of been because it really smelled that way, but it was most likely caused due to me believing the bomb was a toxic one. When I gave it a second sniff it reminded me of curdled milk. The blue gunk that was supposed to be in the middle was practically empty. I had a bomb with a hole, with a little blue goo at the bottom.
I was in no rush to use this one, and it actually sat in my dresser drawer for a few months until I ran out of bombs did I actually use it.
I ran my bath tub and plopped the bomb in after it was filled. The bomb began to fizz in a fast manner. Man this thing was hyperactive. Gee, probably because it's all toxic man!
After it was done fizzing out, I was left with what looked, and smelled like a milk bath. Not a pleasant one though, a curdled milk scent. I got into the water and it did feel somewhat soft and moisturizing, but the longer I sat, the more I wondered if my skin would break out due to the Limonene.
I hopped out faster than usual, my skin was left with a sweet milky type scent once I dried off. Thankfully it didn't leave behind that curdled smell. Afterward I jumped into the shower to get it all off of me. I was too freaked to try to enjoy the scent, nor did I want this on my skin. If it is harmful, I'd rather not.
Overall:
This one should be banned! I am sickened that Lush customers had to discover that this bomb was in fact harmful. I am surprised they are not being sued over this one. There should be a money back guarantee to anyone who has purchased this one in the past. It goes to show how greedy, and thoughtless Lush is after discovering the effects Limonene has on people.

No comments:

Post a Comment