Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Philosophy's Coconut Milk 3 in 1 Shower Gel

I don't love Philosophy products, nor do I hate them. They're just sort of there, and every once in awhile I find myself receiving and using them. Everyone who knows me knows one of my favorite hobbies. This hobby is sort of unhealthy for my wallet, yet at the same time great for my skin and senses. My mood at times can even be calmed by certain scents, so giving me bath products for gifts are usually my favorite, and I will love yah for it.
I left reviewing Coconut Milk by Philosophy on the back burner for quite some time, because in all honesty, I just don't care for it that much. I love coconut scents, don't get me wrong, but so many of these coconut fragrance available on the market right now all smell like fake sun tanning lotion. I hate that smell, I hate it! I hate the smelling it on half naked woman on the beach, and I especially hate smelling it in my shower.
Philosophy's Coconut Milk 3 in 1 though smells relatively real, only it lacks that strong lovely potent scent one would expect from Philosophy. It's a nice scent yes, but it is sort of weak for me. When I use shower gels I want the whole room to reek of that scent, I want the scent up my nose, and on my body, and mostly I want that scent to last.
When I got my first whiff of this one, I knew it wouldn't last very long, but before I knock it, I had to try it.
Philosophy's Coconut Milk is basically a shampoo, a shower gel, and a bubble bath all smashed into one 16 ounce bottle. Trust me it's a big bottle, and if you don't like it, it's a big waste. Usually when I try something and I don't like it I will re-gift it. Hehe. Shhh.
Anyhow in the shower after shampooing and conditioning I applied about a quarter sized squirt of the nearly transparent white gel onto my bath poof and put Coconut milk to the test. The gel was thick, creamy, and It created a nice silky lather, but the scent seemed to diminish into a subtle sugar cookie like scent. It was there, but barely. It reminded me of a gel I had gotten for Christmas from Walmart. You know, those cheap sets. It definitely was not what I had expected to come from Philosophy.
After getting out of the shower my skin did feel clean, but it was unscented. Sigh. My skin was slightly moisturized, but nothing to write home about.
I decided to see how it worked as a bubble bath while I sat there drying off. I ran some water and poured in some gel. I got a small sickly stream of bubbles; but like all Philosophy 3 in 1's the bubbles were garbage. It did make them, but they were not thick, long lasting, or even worth me getting into. I drained the water.
I knew that using this as a shampoo would give me less than up to par results. The scent was barely even noticeable in the shower, and when I shampoo I try to go with a scent I love, and want in my hair. Coconut Milk just didn't do it for me, so I passed on using it as a shampoo all together.
I stored it in a closet where it will sit until Christmas time. I will then decide who gets what of my neglected stuff.
Overall Philosophy's Coconut Milk was a waste of $16.00. I'm just glad I wasn't the one who bought it, and I hope she got a sweet discount. I wouldn't purchase this one on my own, I really have to love a scent for me to buy it time and time again.
Coconut Milk is just another Philosophy product that bites the dust; according to me. If it had more power to it's scent I would have actually considered it, because as dull as it was, it would have been a great coconut scent if they put more time and effort into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment